My cousin took many cats from the street (like 5-6 of them) and put them in her basement because they were little and so weak, who knows how much time they were there all hungry on their own. I can't believe somebody was able to leave them on the street, what a horrible person it must be, argh! Anyway, she really needs to know what kind of food is cheap enough so she can afford it for that many cats, but still good enough for them, they also need to recover first. Cat owners, please help, what is the best, but the cheapest canned cat food?

Your cousin is such a good person, bless her. I will never understand people who are able to leave poor, unprotected animal on the street which is usually the product of their own pets, they should be ashamed. I don't have experience with cats and therefore with cat food, so I can't recommend some brand which is cheap but good, but as I understood they are still kittens? Maybe she can still feed them with milk, and meanwhile she can find people to adopt them, if it isn't affordable for her to raise 5-6 cats. Maybe some cat owner will know better.

That is so sad. Your cousin is really good person, I am glad that there are still a lot of animal lovers. I really hope that someone will adopt them soon, and I hope that those cats will get better soon. Yes, so many cats can cause some budget problems, but that is why there are a lot of cheap, but quality food for our pets. For example, for those cats he can buy Trader Joe’s Premium canned cat food. He can buy it for 69 cents per 5,5 ounce can. Quality is pretty good and price is really acceptable. With one can of this food, you can feed your cat four times.

Hey there. Wow, that is to amazing, I think that your cousin is my favorite person now. That is so nice. I have a lot of cheap, canned food to recommend you. You can buy Friskies meaty bits, you can buy a 24 pack of 5.5 ounce cans for 11 dollars. The quality of this food is good, but not the best, and this is wet cat food. The only problem is that your cat might not like the flavor at the first bite, but I think that everything will be OK after a few days. If this doesn’t work, you can buy Taste of wild feline formula. 15 pound bag for 29 dollars. It has a lot of premium ingredients, and it is dry food. A lot of people will tell you that their cats have more energy, shiner coat and more. 

The best food for cats and the cheapest one are never the same, of course.  But there are a few brands that produce decent dog food that doesn’t cost a lot.

Let me get this straight, we are not talking about the best canned food for cats, we are talking about the food that has an affordable price and is also pretty good, I’d say average.

Those brands would be Purina Pro Plan and Fancy Feast. There are probably few more of them but these are the two that I’m familiar of. My favorite is Purina Pro Plan, but Fancy Feast is probably just as good.

Hello everyone. I do not agree with you, maybe I don’t have a lot of experience, but I don’t think that cheap canned food can be the best. It can’t be the best, but it can be “decent”. I really can do recommend cheap, but not cheaper food. My friends cat has been eating Friskies and some dry Meow Mix, I think that she is giving them for a whole life. And, yes, she is telling that this is not the best food that she can give to her cat, but it is totally ok. I forget to mention, her cat is 9 years old :) 

Hello friends. :)

I say "friends " because I assume everyone here loves cats. If someone loves cats then he is a friend of mine. :) That is how much I love cats. :)

Anyway, when it comes to food choosing I am extremely careful and picky. Let me just stress one thing you should pay attention to.

Always read the label of the product. If you see stuff like E351, artificial color or something like that than you shouldn't buy that product.

Brands that are not so pricey but are also very good : Evo cat food (excellent, my cat loves it) and Innova cat food.

I like to give chicken meat-based cat food to my little pets so I feed them with Wellness chicken canned cat food and Newman's Own Chicken and Brown Rice.

Wellness is a bit pricey so I recommend buying can or two before deciding if you want to feed your cat with it. But, it is high quality food which is really great for your kitty.

As for Newman’s, manufacturers are saying that their chicken are fed a 100 percent natural all-vegetables diet without antibiotics. My cats very much like the taste of it. And I like the fact that brown rice is one of the ingredients as it helps cat’s digestive system.

Hey, of course that the cheapest can’t be the best, but you can chose some canned food that is really good for your cat. I totally do agree that you have to be picky when you are choosing cheap food for your cat, but you can do it. I know that there are a lot of quality brands that can offer all those important values and nutrition’s that you cat needs. But, I would also recommend you to consult your vet before choosing any of those brands, I am pretty sure that he will give you the best advice.

Good luck! 

I couldn’t agree more with you. Cat owners can find low-price and high-quality canned food for their pets but they need to consult with vet first. Why is that? Because some cats could be having GI issues you overlooked, and by giving them foods with certain ingredients you can further endanger cat’s health.

If your cousin is absolutely sure her cats can eat something like this, I can recommend her Purina Pro Plan and/or Fancy Feast. She can try with either one and stick with one which her cats find better. If she’s lucky, her cats won’t be too picky, but I wouldn’t put much hope into it. :)