The other day i noticed a lump underneath my skin, in the pubic area (hair) of my outer hood (where panties come in contact). Problem is, I could only feel the lump through my skin when I pressed on it; not see it. It felt smaller than a pea. Later that day, I hit/scratched it hard and it was painful when it happened. Since then (2-3 days later), it has gotten swollen and a larger bump has raised that is slightly red (about the size of an m & m) and is painful when pressed/messed with. I don't have insurance so I was wondering if this is worth going to the doctor to have checked or if it will go away eventually. Thank you.

It was probably just a cyst that got inflamed from too much touching or by trauma. IT shouldn't pose too much trouble but to get rid of inflammation, you should be applying hydrocortisone cream or ointment for a few days. It should work!

omg... i literally have the exact same issue. mine was small at first and at the exact same spot, and i hit it and in a few days it got larger, red and swollen, i dont have insurance either right now, and had gotten worried as well, whether i should see a doctor, are than any other things that could reduce the swelling? The lump is right below my panty line also near pubic area?

I have had similar bumps in that area and think that it can be an ingrown hair or irritation from the panty. What may be a minor infection. I have had good results from warm moist soaking, either from tub or warm wash cloths. It is a difficult area to treat, but warm soaks bring the infection to the surface so it can be released and treated with an antibiotic.

ya me too!!! i got so scared. cause i recently lost my virginity and im freaking out about everything. im 20 and not under my parents insurance and i just got insurance through work, but i have to wait til jan. It's like the size you were all talking about. def. doesnt seem like an in grown hair or anything like that. .. so you guys got whatever it was too and youre all good? lol sorry im just worried. also, if you just go get a blood test they can make sure everythings ok right?

Im only 13 an  ththere are 2 bumps about the size of peas on either side of my outer vagina and im really scared because I have NEVER had sex or any sexual activity and I don't know what to do im scared to ask my mom Please Please respond

I have the same exact think, I think...