I didn't get any excessive sweats nor the hold/cold flashes a lot of people talk about and 99% of the sites I've been on the people who did the loperamide did not have any either nor the horrid physical withdrawals that come with getting off pain meds. The depression is common no matter how well everyone does with there withdrawals and the majority is when your body is dealing with withdrawals. I really don't understand why a dr would let your body basically withdrawal for such a long time from so many different meds. There has to be something he can give you to help so your not going through it 2-3 months and then you still have your pain meds to stop. I'm very worried and getting scared for you. I hope all this stops soon for you.

I am looking for a different doctor. I had a talk with my doctor yesterday and put my foot down about the reality of my health...my shattered ankle, damaged spine and degenerative bone disease are never going away and I cannot continue to live in constant pain...there has to be something for pain that is not an opioid base and I want him to look this up and have some kind of answer when I see him again in two weeks before I leave for Florida. I stopped going to the arthritis doctor as she was really not monitoring my progress and not seeing her but twice a year is not helpful. She doesn't believe in any kind of pain medication either.....that seems to be the problem with the doctors I have been checking out. I guess they just expect you to live in pain and simple don't understand that this kind of pain is debilitating. I give up! I have come off of so many different types of meds that quite frankly were dangerous and made me a zombie, but I can get the doctors to understand that coming off of all these meds may be good in one sense, but it has raised the pain level. As I told him yesterday, I've already been through all kinds of rehab and therapy for my back and ankle...none of which helped and nor can I afford rehab every week. I am going to talk to the Naturopathic doctor or even call the naturopathic pharmacy to find out what natural supplements are out there to help take the sharp edge off this pain. I had so many meds to taper off of that I told the doctor I need a break to let my body heal and get some strength back before I go the last leg of the 80mgs of oxycontin...also, those two pills, 40mgs each, are all I have right now to help with the pain as little as they do. I am also trying to get my allergies under control..the ige blood levels are off the chart and that is why I am so weak right now. This level of allergy problems effect your entire body. I don't want to be addicted to any meds and I have managed to take myself off of over 10 different medications in the past year. My psychiatrist is the doctor that said my other doctor was taking me off of too many meds at the same time and that is dangerous, so my doctor has slowed downed and we are just dealing with getting my strength back and my allergies under control. Getting them under control will make a huge difference in how I feel..that is why I am going to the beach and staying with my son for a month. Both doctors agree that I need to get away from my environment for a while..away from the stress in my life here for a while, so my body can really start to heal.

I think going to Florida with your son will be a huge help. Try to go lay or sit on the beach as much as possible the sun alone makes a big difference on you feel and I don't know how but it helps your energy level too. You really need a break from everything right now and just take care of yourself. Your body and mind are going through entirely to much right now and you are the only important one. Everyone will be ok while you go and take care of yourself. So go on vacation with no worries and no regrets and try to take it easy on yourself. "This is not your fault, you did nothing to deserve this but it can be fixed." :-)

I'm not sure where all the rest of the posts are between the two of us, nor what post you replied to. It keeps telling me the reply post was deleted.

I ordered some organic medicine for withdrawals, pain and a natural substitute for the anti-depressant..I really did a lot of research before I decided to order these particular ones..they are pure with no fillers..and that is important.

I hope they also stop the sweating..that is what I hate the most.

Try to refresh the page the post are showing not sure why it says they are deleted. You do have sweets from withdrawals and since you have been taking off so many meds your body doesn't know what to do or how to act. If it gets to bad try taking the loperamide even if its just for one day and see how big of a difference it makes. You might be really happy you did. I myself don't even trust doctors anymore because they give meds to freely and don't tell us how bad they mess up our bodies and in the end we are the ones that suffer.

I don't trust them either. I have ordered some pure organic pain medicine called Phenocane, a 5HTP supplement from Jigsaw Health, and a product that is one bottle for mornings and one for night organically created just for opiate withdrawals. I found about these from a Naturopathic MD. I take them for two weeks to get my system loaded with the ingredients and then I still take them as i slowly taper off the remaining opiates as well as finishing tapering off the little amount of anti-depressants I am still taking. The 5HTP is pure without fillers as are the other organic supplements and they help balance the Serotonin, which is all screwed up from the dangerous cocktail of drugs the doctors prescribed. I am going to get off of what is left of these drugs and I will never take them again. I have seen a Naturopathic MD before, they are licensed medical doctors..not the same as just a naturopath. Naturopathic MD's can prescribe class A drugs but choose to give the body what it is missing first to balance the natural chemicals in the human body. As she told me, you give the body the minerals, chemicals, and nutrients that are missing or screwed up from these drugs and it is like jump starting a car. The body will remember and start to produce them again on its' own after a while so you don't have to stay on the supplements forever. The organic pain medicine, Phenocane, I may have to stay on for a long time to get the inflammation in my body down..that is what causes pain. The body produces inflammation around an injury trying to protect itself and the inflammation is what causes the pressure, which causes pain. When I was seeing a Naturopathic MD years ago, she was a godsend..she really got my body's chemistry balanced...so that is what I am going back too...nature's pharmacy. I can't wait for these products to get here so I can start really healing and getting off these drugs forever. Allopathic doctors aren't really taught what these drugs do to the human body. The surgeon should have tapered me off of the oxycontin shortly after sending me home from the surgery..instead of explaining how addictive they are and suggesting something over the counter as I went through rehab he just continued to prescribe them. I didn't even realize how addicted my brain had become to them until I tried to stop taking them because they were making me feel like a zombie. It's going to be a long hard road back, but with these organic supplements helping to restore the balance in my body and brain, and determination, I will get "me" back and my life. I know it's not going to be easy, but I am determined to take back control of my body and my life. I will let you know how they work. I have taken combinations of organic supplements before when I was sick and saw the Naturopathic MD...it worked..it can work again. Never again will I take these kinds of medicines.

The iodine the waves release into the air by the ocean is absorbed into the body and helps the thyroid..the thyroid runs a lot of things in the human body as well as regulates the body's temperature....something the anti-depressants have screw up.

I hope they get there soon so you can start to heal. You will feel so much better as your body starts to heal itself. I'm a little over a month out and I feel so much better the only thing I still have is the lack of energy but its not as bad. Please let me know how they work maybe it would help with my energy levels. I've tried B supplements and vitamins but doesn't really help my brain start reproducing everything on its own. Hopefully all my energy comes back soon. I could honestly use a little vacation myself my older children and my grand kids cause me to much worry and stress and that doesn't help at all.

So do I....I know they will help. I am no longer taking the anti-depressants and today I woke up with no sweats and actually have a little more energy. My psychiatrist called me back yesterday and after I explained I had tapered down to 5mg and still getting sweats he told me to stop them completely. I may have a few days with some residual effects,until it is completely out of my system, but so far, so good. I only have the 80mgs of the oxycontin left and that I will taper off of at mgs per every two weeks while I am taking the organic supplements and especially the organic supplements for pain. I don't want to ruin my holiday with my son and his family with withdrawals.

Yes, I worry constantly about my youngest son. Ever since he came back from Afghanistan and finish his time with the Army he hasn't been able to find a job..he constantly hears "You are over qualified". He is living off of his VA check from injuries he got in service, but it's not enough to support his wife and children. I help as much as I can, but this economy has hit me and my husband financially hard as well. Mother's never stop worrying about our children and then we also worry about our grandchildren. My middle son got divorced this year..that broke my heart..I love his wife (ex) and told her she will always be part of this family..she is the mother of my grandchildren. The sad news is the oldest child is only 3years old and the doctors believe he is showing signs of autism. they have him in a special school and he seems to be improving.

Things will work out for your youngest. There is a wonderful job out there for him and he will find it soon. I'm glad to hear you are off the antidepressants that is awesome. Hopefully you can wing yourself down off the oxy and not cold turkey it like I did. To have had no withdrawals but such lack of energy after 37 days is not fun. I did a lot of research and I'm hoping I'm not going through PAWS. I'm reading that can last for 6 months to 2 years which would not be fun at all. I'm trying to do as much as I can so I'm not sitting still to much but I guess time will tell. Oh I also read stress makes PAWS 10X worse so maybe I need to fix some situations with my older ones too. Not sure how that would go lol. Your doing great though and keep up the awesome work it is very rewarding in the end. Even with little energy I have zero regrets just have to take it one day at a time.

I had a Biopsy done a week ago and yesterday the doctor called to tell me it is positive for skin cancer (on my stomach) but it hasn't metastasized yet so she should be able to get it all and it usually doesn't come back. I have surgery on Tuesday to cut all of it out...the surgery is called MOHS. It takes a few hours because as she cuts it away she checks each piece right there in the lab to make sure there are no cancer cells. I am at the end of my rope. This on top off everything else.

What is PAWS? You can actual still keep feeling the withdrawal effects for months after you get off of the meds!..maybe that's why I still feel so nauseated everyday and so weak. I called and spoke to my doctor's nurse today to tell him about the skin cancer, but also to let him know that I am still nauseated and very weak..I don't think he knows anything about PAWS or the withdrawal time frames.

I have to force myself to eat. I know that I need to build my immune system back up in order to get better, but all I want to do is sleep. I guess I will research PAWS as well. It's so scary at this point and I can't seem to get my allergies under control, even taking the allergy meds and following the instructions of the allergy specialist I saw a few weeks ago. My voice is barely there from the allergies and I am worried I won't be able to go to Florida. I need to get away from here so badly....I need to go somewhere where I only have to take care of me and build my strength and immune system back up. It's been so long since I felt healthy I have forgotten what it is like to wake up feeling rested and relaxed.

Do you know if anyone has ever succeeded in getting off these drugs and all the withdrawals finally stopped and they felt healthy again?

I can't take feeling so ill anymore.

I am so sorry to hear that. That is the last thing you need right now that is for sure. PAWS is very common unfortunately and even though I didn't have the god awful withdrawals I do believe I'm going through it. When we get off pain meds and even depression meds our bodies have to learn how to function without it and our brains have to learn how to produce natural dopamine and endorphins by itself. For so long the pain meds basically make the brain produce so much it stops doing on its own and relies on the meds so when we stops it doesn't know how to function by itself. Hopefully it doesn't last as long as most because it sucks having no energy. But I have talked to a lot of people online that made it through PAWS and feel better than ever but it took a long time. Please keep me update on your procedure and I will be saying a pray for you.

I just want to get through the surgery and know they got all the cancer cells. I am determined to get off the last 80mgs of oxycontin. I realized last night..I couldn't sleep....that since July my doctor has tapered me off of several drugs..one right after another, giving my body no time to rest or recuperate from the withdrawals of the drug I tapered off of before/ Monday I stopped the Viibryd and the withdrawals have been horrible. I have been forcing myself to eat small meals, protein bars food with protein...drinking lots of gatorade and taking vitamins and the withdrawal ease supplements. Yesterday and today haven't been quite as intense, but I still have withdrawal symptoms...especially the sweating, but that is becoming less frequent and less intense. I am going to work on getting the nutrients, vitamins, amino acids...etc. back into my system and get my system producing them itself again. I also ordered some DLPA..another important nutrient for the body that we can really only get from food, and since I have basically not been eating much of anything since July, I know my body needs this as well. I am going to have my doctor give me a Vitamin B12 shot as well..this is what it is going to take...I am almost there, but as I told my doctor, I need to give my body a break and time to start healing and replacing all these things by itself before I finish tapering off the last 80mgs..slowly. I can't go through intense withdrawals again with the last leg of getting off the 80mgs left. I also ordered a natural combination of vitamins and minerals for the chronic pain from the real injuries to my back and ankle..they are never going to heal and that pain is real, but there has to be another way to control the pain than taking narcotics because I will never put myself through this again!

Thank you for your support and prayers and I will do the same for you. We can get our health back again and control over our bodies and minds.

I'm not a healthy eater myself. I realized once I stopped all my meds I sometimes go 2-3 on cola tea and coffee and don't eat. I am a very tiny person and not eating makes me look sick. But I did it to myself and I'm the only one that can change it. But if I could go back 7 years I would have never had one back surgery much less two and both were just a month apart. Then I get put in pain mgmt and had 20+ injections in my back which I found out recently having do many can actually make your back worse and of course the doctors don't tell you that it's a money thing here. Nor do they inform once you get on pain meds everyday you can choose to stay on them or go through God knows how much hell. I could have dealt with being sick for 5-7 days easily compared to 40 days and counting of basically no energy. I have to go out of town this weekend for my grand babies and I get sick to my stomach just thinking about it because I just don't have any energy. It sucks because I feel like I cheated the horrible withdrawals only to be left with this. I will just start praying a lot more and maybe my prayers will be answered. Next I guess I need to kick this darn cigarette habit but lordly can't even imagine that right now feeling like I do. One thing at a time I guess. Sorry for rambling having one of those days I guess. But anyways I am praying for you and your family and you will come through this with flying colors. You have been through and are still going through to much to not come out of this 100%. They always say God doesn't give us anymore than we can handle but I think we are definitely being tested through all of this. Keep thinking positive because you will beat it all the way.