I'm an 82 yr. old female facing tonsil biopsy and possibly tonsillectomy. I have an unresponding to medication p***y tonsil. I have no pain or any problems swallowing, no temparture. I'm basically otherwise healty... What are my risks of recovery from this surgery? I may have cancer, this is the concern of my doctor for the biopsy.

I hope you are well and that they did not find cancer. I am 58 and going through a similar situation. I had a neck cyst that contained carcinoma cells and HPV 16 which they say is an indication it came from the tonsil area. So, on 7/25 they are going to go in with a scope and look around. They will biopsy anything suspicious and probably take the tonsils for biopsy too.

Again, I hope your procedure went well and the news was good. Anything you can share will be appreciated. God Bless.........be well.

My mom has the same situation as you...neck cyst, need biopsy..tonsils out etc...
How are you...and advice you would like to give?

All is appreciated...!

Thank you!
Susan