Hello. My name is Hope. I am diagnosed with pericarditis after I gave a birth to my wonderful daughter Lana. I am glad because I was able to feed her without having any health problems. But I need to make one confession - I never went to see a doctor to discuss with him about the proper treatment. I know that this is mistake but I really don't want to leave my daughter alone. And I am always for home remedies. Can you tell me more about Pericarditis lifestyle changes and home remedies? Anyone knows what can help me? 

Thank you! 

Hi there.

First, it is not a good idea avoiding doctor whenever you are sick. Especially if you are having problems with your heart.

I am aware that a lot of people are for home remedies but you should not do anything without consulting your doctor.

Here are some tips. If you are a smoker, stop smoking. Smoking is a biggest risk of heart diseases and quitting is the best way to reduce risk of some possible complications.

You should also control your blood pressure all the time.

It is very important to check your cholesterol time after time.

Those are some tips. 

Hi there Hope,

You have a lovely name, I believe that hope is a very important thing to have, always stay positive.

You need to change your lifestyle if it was bad so far. Like Aurora said, you need to stop smoking if you are a smoker, you need to control your blood pressure, diabetes and blood cholesterol. You need to be physically active, which means that you should exercise on a daily basis. You should get a healthy diet, you can ask your doctor for an advice, he can help you out, or a gym instructor, they know these kind of things. 

Hey Hope,

You do have a lovely name. Lifestyle changes are important if you haven't been living a healthy life so far, you should be on a heart healthy diet as well, remember this, it is very important when it comes to handling pericarditis. You should limit your alcohol use, if you are a drinker, and you should avoid stress, stress is never good.

Basically, the way I see it, it all comes down to leading a healthy life, exercising regularly, staying away from drugs, keeping your weight where it should be and being as positive and cheerful as you can be.

Hey Hope,

There are some things that you can make at home which could help you to handle pericarditis but they can't really cure it.

I can definitely recommend honey for this matter. Honey is the best remedy for any kind of disease. It contains many useful vitamins and minerals, and also it is easily digestible, and hence can be taken irrespective of your age factor. Honey relaxes the body from high blood pressure. Also, honey with mango juice helps in keeping your heart healthy. Intake of honey regularly removes unwanted fat and gives you a healthy body and heart as well.

Hey everyone,

Honey is indeed a good home remedy for anything, good thing that you remembered that one, Adria.

Apple cider vinegar is a really good thing. It contains acetic acid, also known as "The Mother of Vinegar". This helps remove fatty acid from the body. A mixture of lemon ale, ginger ale, garlic ale and apple cider vinegar is found to be a very good combination to fight heart diseases.

Another good thing that you can make and eat at home are fig and pears. These are effective in relieving all types of chest pains, and can help with heart diseases.

Hi Hope,

They already told you about the lifestyle changes that you should make and I honestly hope that you are going to pay attention to their advices and that you are going to use at least some of them. I can see that they also gave you some advice regarding home remedies which could benefit you and I can give you an advice as well.

I would recommend you daily intake of Vitamin C. It is necessary for reducing inflammation. A normal healthy body needs 1000 mg of Vitamin C per day. If a person is suffering from pericarditis, he should then have to consume many servings of citrus fruits, and Vitamin C rich fruits in a day.

Hello there guys. Wow, thank you so much for your amazing advice and your optimistic posts. Yes, I am aware that I need to visit the doctor. But I am scared and I know that this is not an excuse. I know that lifestyle changes are very important part of the life and trust me, I am working on it for a while now. I was smoker for more than 15 years and since I found out that I am having heart issues, I decided to stop with this ugly habit. Now, I smoke three or four cigars when I am with my friends at the club. Is that a big deal? Thank you...

Hello there. If you are struggling with this you should definitely stop smoking totally. Trust me, it is much better for you than anything else.

I agree with other people's advice and I am sure that, if you try hard, you will be able to accomplish everything you want.

Of course that there are some natural remedies, but I think that you need to talk with your doctor before taking them.

It is the smartest option.

For example, you can always add some apple cider vinegar in your food. They say that it is effective for pericarditis.  

Have a nice day.