Before I tell you this, can we just agree not to be too harsh on me? Ok, thank you. :D

I needed to do that because I had to listen to an hour of my neighbor’s speech yesterday when I told her I had no idea that I needed to clean my dog’s ears.

Does everyone know this? Is it really a wide known thing? Cause I’ve never heard of it.

She took a look on my dog’s ears and she was disgusted, than she started talking about all the problems that that could’ve caused.

Please, give me some advice on how to do that and are there any home remedies for cleaning dog’s ears?

Hello. I think that you are not the only one at this site who didn’t know that it is very important to clean your dog’s ears lol. OK, I won’t attack you. I am going to help you. At least, I will try to help you. I am using this remedy and it is good so far. Vinegar and water! Magical solution. Alcohol can be too harsh for your dog ears so avoid it. To make a vinegar and water cure, you should mix ½ cup of apple cider vinegar to 2/3 cups of lukewarm water. Wipe the visible part of your dog’s ear. To do this, use cotton ball or even soft cloth.

Hey guys. Maybe you should try waxy buildup. This is a good cure even when your dog ears are not too dirty. You can also use a few drops of almond, mineral or even olive oil to loosen the wax.
Here is what you are going to do :) Place a few drops on the visible part of your dog’s ear. Give it a time to loosen the wax and then allow your dog to shake his head. He will spread the oil like this.
After this, clean the wax and oil out very gently with cotton balls. Good luck.

Hey all!

Personally I would not try this with wax. I don’t think that it is not safe but I know how many problems I have when I am using wax :) LOL. There are much better options. Here is what you can try. I am using this for two months now and I am satisfied.

Macerated garlic is effective. Steep two garlic cloves in olive oil and let this mixture for 2 weeks. After two weeks strain it.

Pour 2-3 drops of mixture in your dog’s ear. Use it on daily basis.

It will clean your dog ears and it will heal possible infections. :)

Hey guys,

I'm not sure that you should do this on your own. Maybe I just like to do everything safely and be sure about everything I do so I would suggest that you buy the oil for your dog's ears in the pharmacy store.

They will guide you through the process and advise you which oils to use and stuff like that. My vet told me how to do this and what to use. I'm using a special kind of oil and some special sticks, he told me that cotton balls are not a smart solution because the pieces of it can stay in the dog's ears.

Oshikuru, because you are not cleaning your dog's ears on the weekly basis like you should, I think that you should let someone who has experience with it to do this for the first time and to show you what the best methods are.

I know that there are so many good home remedies but you can’t know what is the best for your dog, right?  You can make your cleaning solution at home. I am sorry Dalmatian Lover but I disagree with you. Cleaning your dog ears is not a mission impossible. Everyone can do it alone.  

Good luck.

Hello everyone. Well since I am a new dog owner I need to agree with Dalmatian Lover and tell you that I would not do this alone. I went to the vets office and I let him to clean my dog ears three times. He told me that there is nothing bad if I clean his ears alone, but I am scared. I don’t want to do this. That is why I really don’t know any remedy :) I think that vet is the best option and the right man for this whole procedure :) I believe that this is not hard but I am scared :)

Guys, you are really making a big deal of it. It is nothing special and nothing hard to clean your dog ears. It is very simple. I agree that you should let your vet to clean his ears for the first time, but it is not hard!!!

Here is one more if you don’t like to experiment a lot with it. It is simple and effective.

You will need : plastic water bootleg with water, add ½ white vinegar, ½ rubbing alcohol. Shake it.

Use ear applicator that you bought in the pet store. Put this cure on some cotton and clean your dog ears.

It is easyyyyy :)

Hi everyone,

I think that you should do it on your own even for the first time, it's going to strengthen your bond with the dog, too.

My advice is that for the first time, you have some treats to give to your dog. You want this cleaning thing to look positive to him. 

Have some cotton balls next to you and you need to have the ear rinse. I would personally advise Vetericyn ear rinse, the one I use. My dog's reactions to it are pretty good.

Last advice would be that you should be careful and not go deep into the ear because you could hurt your dog.

Hey folks,

Oshikuru, I think that you should follow Mima's advice. I think that it is important to do this by yourself, too. Your dog will trust you more than any other vet and he would like if it was you to do this.

Remember not to use cotton swabs because they can seriously hurt your dog's ears. Use these cotton balls instead and any ear rinse that you find good, maybe ask some vet to suggest some ear rinse to you.

Once you got a hold of it, be sure to clean your dog's ears once a week. This will prevent a significant number of diseases.