I would like to ask you something about my sister. She is in her seventh month of pregnancy. Everything is going smoothly; she did not even get much extra weight. There is only this one thing. She is constantly under infection of urethral paths. How come this is happening. Doctor said that there is nothing to worry about, but we are not that sure. Is what he is saying about persistent urethritis true?

Yes. You see, persistent urethritis is not that uncommon in pregnancy. This happens because baby is constantly pressing her mother's organs, including urethral ways. Thus, the infection that will not go way at all. Do not worry; these infections are treated with antibiotics that are not harmful for your sister and her baby. As soon as she delivers her child, the therapy will have its full effect again, and she will be cured in no time.