My boyfriend and i simulated sex while i was on my period, and he was naked but i had yoga pants and underwear and a tampon. I don't know if there was a wet spot on my pants after. If there was a wet spot, could the precum make me pregnant? Also, a week later i gave him a blowjob and he came in my mouth. Then i had a clarinet lesson and got spit all over my hands, then used the restroom before washing my hands. Could the sperm have travelled to the toilet paper and to my vagina when i wiped? And lastly, a week after that, we were simulating sex but he had a condom on and i had underwear and tights, and i got really really wet. I gave him a ha****b and a blowjob after he took the condom off. If i touched the area where i was wet through clothing, before washing my hands, could that have made me pregnant? Can you get pregnant from precum? My breasts were sore the last two times i had my period but not this time, and i cant remember before then. This morning I saw there was some dried light brown stuff on my underwear. Could it be implantation bleeding, or just from me checking for cervical mucus so frequently? My period was on 10/20, so I have a little more than a week until I'm supposed to get mine...

Highly unlikely. He needs to ejaculate from his penis while being fully inside you. Sperm doesn't travel like water.

Quote:

Posted by lucyloucyrus on 11/11/12 4:16 PM

Highly unlikely. He needs to ejaculate from his penis while being fully inside you. Sperm doesn't travel like water

• "Highly unlikely" I agree that it's highly unlikely, but not for the reasons given
  • "Sperm doesn't travel like water." Sperm swim (they don't have legs-think young tadpole), so they need liquid, otherwise they become stranded. Semen is the usual fluid by which they leave the male and enter the female.
  • "He needs to ejaculate from his penis while being fully inside you." No he doesn't.
  1. He does not need to ejaculate. Sperm can be transmitted by pre-ejaculatory fluid (pre-cum). Some men always have sperm in their pre-cum. Others do not. But any residual from a previous ejaculation could certainly be carried out with pre-cum.
  2. His penis does not have to be fully inside you. Many virgins have become pregnant. All that is needed is for the sperm to have a liquid in which it can swim that gets transferred to the vagina. This can be done by manual transfer to a wet vulva, close to the vagina, or directly into the vagina. After all 'artificial insemination' is not done with a fully inserted penis! And it only takes one sperm to fertilise an egg.

But looking at the original posting, it does seem highly unlikely in these instances.

1. "i was on my period ... i had yoga pants and underwear and a tampon ... If there was a wet spot, could the precum make me pregnant?" The pre-cum would have to travel through two layers of clothing and get past a tampon. That is unlikely. The two layers of fabric, unless open-weave (like lace) would likely absorb the liquid and leave any sperm stranded.
  2. "i gave him a blowjob and he came in my mouth ... i had a clarinet lesson and got spit all over my hands, then used the restroom before washing my hands. Could the sperm have travelled to the toilet paper and to my vagina when i wiped?" By the time you had your lesson, you would probably have swallowed any semen (unless you deliberately kept it in your mouth!). Even so, any transferred semen would have to travel through the toilet paper. Sperm, though incredibly small, would not pass through toilet paper. The chances are that any sperm that may have made its way to your hands would have dried. But if any sperm did get that far, it has still got to get into your vagina. You would have had to have wiped the part your hand touched onto your vulva near to your vagina. Do you normally wipe the urethral area of your vulva only, and not wipe the vaginal entrance? Even so, the chances are that any liquid would be absorbed by your underwear when you put it on again. So the sperm would likely be stranded. But if this was by 30th, it was probably not a fertile time (if 30-day cycle).
  3. "i had underwear and tights, and i got really really wet. I gave him a hand-job ... after he took the condom off. If i touched the area where i was wet through clothing, before washing my hands, could that have made me pregnant?" Again, any sperm would have to get through two layers of clothing. I don't know the fabric of your tights and underwear, but there would have to be a lot of liquid (wet clothing or damp clothing?) and open weave fabric for any chance of sperm to swim through. In terms of timing, with a regular cycle, you were not likely to be in your fertile period anyway.
  4. "This morning I saw there was some dried light brown stuff on my underwear. Could it be implantation bleeding, or just from me checking for cervical mucus so frequently? My period was on 10/20, so I have a little more than a week until I'm supposed to get mine." You don't give your cycle length, but "a little more than a week" from 11th gives 19th? A 30-day cycle? Then implantation day is likely to be 14th.

This is rather detailed, but I hope it helps you, and any others who might have similar concerns. If this raises further questions, please ask.

You are right to have awareness of pregnancy risk, and it is always advisable to wash with soap and water after contact with sperm.

I know the reason I gave isn't the only reason but it's the most obvious one, so I hope she will read your answer too.

Thank you both very much... but I'm still rather worried. We haven't done anything else, but my nipples are really sore, as in when i rub them they hurt a little and then they don't any more and they feel kind of damp, and I've been getting some kind of stretchy but also cloudy looking cervical mucus. Isn't that only supposed to be during ovulation? :( I realize I'm probably being pretty paranoid, especially considering I haven't actually missed a period yet (yes it's about a thirty day cycle, I think I'm supposed to get it on 11/20) but what are the chances that I am pregnant?

Sounds like your period is imminent. Wait 'till tomorrow. 19th Nov is 30 days from 20 Oct. Let me know.

I haven't : ( I'm really really scared because it feels like i should be starting it... And i still have a bunch of egg white cm...

If it feels like you are starting it, if you are feeling the same way you usually do when you are about to start a period, the your period is probably near. Stress can make a period late. Your body is amazing, but that means it does not always work like some machinery. While it is dealing with stress, it may decide to defer another trauma, shedding blood.

Your period would usually come about 14 days after ovulation. If ovulation was a day 'late' then your period would be a day 'late'.

An HPT (pee test) showing positive now would be an indication you are pregnant, but a negative one, at this stage, I feel would be inconclusive.

Where are you from? How old are you? What are the cultural and religious implications for you?

I still think the likelihood of pregnancy is low, but I realise a low risk is still a worry for you.

Keep in touch.

Michigan, 17. I'm Asian though, and my parents would not accept this... To be honest I'd be surprised if they didn't kick me out :( when do you think i could take a test? My boyfriend was sweet and bought me a pack

to be honest, the answer to most of this is pretty simple, and u probably arent ready for sex if u need to ask most of these questions. sperm can not travel from your hands to your toilet paper to your vagina no. he would of needed to insert his penis into your vagina first. make sure you use a condom if you have sex, you probably feel sore on your breasts and have the discharge because it is around the time of your period. x

Yes, I understand your situation and your concern, and can sympathise

The problem is that although your chances of being pregnant are very low, that still does not give you the comfort you need. I realise you want a high degree of certainty. You could take a test today with probably about a 5% (1 in 20) chance of a false-negative. In a couple of days that chance halves. I would be inclined to leave it a day or two. I still think your period will come soon. The later you leave the test, the more reliable it is anyway.

ezzyx is not engaging in sexual intercourse. But she is understandably concerned. There is more to the question than the toilet paper!

More importantly, when you said "he would of needed to insert his penis into your vagina first" [would have needed!], that is simply not true. There are plenty of girls who have become pregnant though technically still virgin at conception.

Okay... I'm just extremely concerned with what I would do if it is a problem. Do you know anything?

Dear ezzyx

Cross that bridge if and when you come to it. Yes, there are ways to cope with it, but if it does prove to be a problem, you need more than just a few suggestions on an open forum.

Private message me if you want to talk about it more privately and in detail.

Thank you soo much for your support Shepherd :) i guess i just have to wait now... I will let you know what happens