My symptoms include nausea, heartburn, frequent urination, dizziness, breast pains, increased hunger & lower abdominal cramps.  I would add exhaustion, but I have 2 three year olds & a 3 month baby.  the exhaustion is easily explained.  I did grave the Mirena inserted 6 weeks after giving birth.  I never had a real period after it was inserted.  I've had consistent spotting & some extremely light bleeding a few times for only a small part of the day.  I took a pregnancy tet (home) & was negative.  My question is, could adjusting to the Mirena, pregnancy or something else.  I have PCOS & always fear diabetes.  Could it be that?  I don't have a history of diabetes at all.  The nausea & breast pains have been gradual for the last few weeks everything else hit me the end of last week at once.  Well,  dizziness never lifted after giving birth.

I have also been having the same symptoms. March will be my 4 year "anniversary" of having my mirena. A couple weeks ago I started having cravings and cramps, which I associated with pms (like you I haven't had a normal period since mirena, just spotting). So its about 3 weeks since then and I still feel like I'm pmsing and have all the symptoms you have. I'm a smoker too and was smoking earlier today and started getting nausea and ended of vomiting. I've never experienced this before and haven't been to a gyno since I got the mirena. I think its time for a check-up, just need to wait until payday, I can't even afford a pregnancy test right now :) Let me know what you find out and I will let you know anything I find out also.

I had my first mirena placed in January 2006 at my post partum check up after having my daughter. I had minimal spotting issues, in the first 2-3 months, but I had absolutely no other side effects from it. I had it removed at my 5 year mark & had a new one placed in January of 2012. Again, the first 2 months I had some spotting but nothing else. I just hit my 1 year mark of having this Mirena & I've had intense cramping & have spotted at least 15 days out of this month so far. I'm also a smoker & have been having a lot of nausea issues, not just when I smoke but also after just about every meal. I took three home pregnancy tests & got one positive that changed to negative, one inconclusive with a c**p ton of lines & one that was immediately negative. My blood HCG test came back at <1, so negative... but I'm still having the nausea & the cramping, sometimes severe cramping like today.

The ob/gyn basically blew me off & didn't listen to any of my concerns. She did mention that there's a possibility that the Mirena is minimizing the lining of my uterus too much & that could be the cause of the cramping & spotting. But she didn't offer any info as to how they would determine that's what it is or if there were treatment options. I have another appointment on the Feb 5th with a different ob/gyn... hopefully we all get some answers soon. =/