I had a miscarriage at 5 weeks pregnant.The doctor told me upon leaving the ER that night that my levels were almost down to 0. Not thinking clearly, my boyfriend and I decided to "try again" right away..as in that night because the bleeding stopped. I know, that's crazy and not logical it would work, but I was beyond upset. We had sex that night and the next day, trying to give ourselves something to hope for. The following day we realized that was pointless and probaby going to end in disappointment so we decided we should wait--and we have. My breats were barely tender anymore. Now, 3 weeks later, they hurt as bad as when I was pregnant. As soon as they almost didn't hurt anymore, they started hurting worse and worse by day. Could I be pregnant? Is that possible to get pregnant within a day or 2 of having a miscarriage? I feel pregnant again. Is it possible to be pregnant again or am I probably just hoping with all my heart and I have just convinced myself and my body that it is possible. Thanks :O(

I appreciate this has been deeply emotional for you, but if we look at what would have to have happened for you to be pregnant again, within two days as you put it: your body was transformed into child-bearing mode, pregnancy, at which point the miscarriage sees you losing the embryo/foetus, and the entire transformation is now redundant. Like a marquee at an outdoor event, your body had first to dismantle that entire infrastructure before it can even begin to think about restoring non-pregnant routines and rhythms, the most important to you being of course renewed ovulations and periods.

Maybe I'm missing something, but is it really feasible to imagine that there was an egg waiting, just in case you miscarried, or that the womb itself was in any shape to receive that egg and provide for it?

I can well imagine that your body is adjusting, or trying to adjust to a non-pregnant, fertile rhythm, with mixed signals between prepare-for-pregnancy and back-to-normal, but pregnant in the scenario you've described? It's very difficult to imagine.

However, maybe I am missing something, and in any case, I'm an experienced adult, not a doctor. If you're concerned, and this is impacting your ability to move on, I'd suggest a conversation with a doctor at the very least.

I do appreciate that this was and remains very emotional for you, and you clearly have your heart set on a baby, but even so I cannot feel a sense of concern at the profound despair in your choice of words. Something to hope for? As though you have nothing in your life if not this? You say you were both not thinking clearly, and again you speak for him when you both realised it was pointless and going to end in disappointment.

Somehow in the depths of your despair, you were sufficiently clear and lucid that you knew perfectly what was going on in your partner's mind? Dare I suggest that he was doing his utmost to empathise with you, support you, indulge you, and bring you back to a recovery and emotional balance, and in this you seem to have been utterly oblivious to the most important emotional bond and gift you have in life right now, a deep and committed relationship with another human being?

He is your partner, not your mirror, and if you so lose yourself to despair that you lose your sense of love and appreciation and hope in being in life, with him, how does that feel? How might that make him feel?

You have by far the most important gift that any soul can give itself, which is another soul with which to create a life, and if it's appropriate, to create life, and have a third soul join your family, all equal, all co-creating.

I am not underestimating the obvious emotional turmoil you feel, having had three partners (in fifty years) lose potential futures, potential children, potential lives of extraordinary joy, but lives that were not to be, but to lose sight of the joy and fortune you already have would be a tragedy indeed, when you are obviously so richly blessed in a devoted, dedicated partner.

I suspect it might be helpful to give yourselves the chance to recover from this encounter first, and perhaps use it even to more deeply understand what you each experienced, learning, growing, and becoming if possible ever closer. I am sure you child(ren) will be surely the happier, the stronger the union you bring them into.

Wow...I do not really no what to say about this. I was simply wondering if anyone knew if it were possible to be pregnant that early on because I have been having similar feelings to before. I am not speaking for him, we obviously talked about it. He is my best friend, we are very open and honest with our feelings. I did not mean that I do not hope or love anything in life. I meant at the time, we were trying to fill the hole in our hearts that we felt over losing this baby. I do not think it is uncommon for people to think right away that they want to be pregnant again. But, like I said, we realized a few days later, that we need to be realistic and plan a little more carefully and we were doing more harm than good. We were not ready to go through another disappointment, but we were just lost the first few days and the "maybe we can try again and maybe this time will work" was the hope I was talking about. Not in life, just in the situation. He wanted to try right away if I was ready. I said yes, I wanted to try because it made me feel empty not being pregnant anymore. Once again, I do not think these feelings are not normal right after a miscarriage. It does not mean that I do not appreciate him; he means more to me than anything in the world and we always stand by each other's side. I was simply explaining the jist of why we were trying so soon because it sounds crazy, and asking if it were possible because now I feel the way I did before. I feel like this was more of a personal attack on me being selfish than answering my question. Could I be prenant. I appreciate your knowledge on that, but to judge me so quickly and assume you have us figured out after a short paragraph that I wrote leaving out what I thought would not be important in getting medical or personal experience comments? What a disappointment.

Hello there

I had a miscarage two days ago and I don't now how any women continue living after that, I have my fist baby he is 1 month old and I am living for him now. the miscarage was when I was on the 16th week. We could see the baby that we lost forever. How any women can trust her bidy again. Yes I want another baby but how do you know that this will not happened again?