Hello everyone.

I am a big pet lover and I have 2 cats and 3 dogs. We are all living in the same house and we all love each other so  much. Maybe you don’t believe but my cats and dogs are the best friends and they have never fought.  I was amazed myself with their relationship at first but I figured that they are together since they were puppies and kittens so that must be the reason for such a good relationship between them.

Anyway, I am planning to start feeding all of them according to the BARF diet but I have found some very different opinions about it on the internet. Do you know why this diet is so controversial?

Like I said several times in my previous posts, I am not a big fan of BARF diet. Good old, homemade raw food feeding is the best for our pets.

I mean, a “diet” for pets? That’s ridiculous! Pets are not supermodels or women/men with weight issues. Of course, they can be obese, but you need to blame their owners for that, because they are stuffing their pets with unhealthy foods.

If you are preparing meals for your pet (you will lose a little more time, but that’s nothing compared to benefits your pet will be having), you won’t need any diets or feeding plans which today’s media promote. 

Hey. I support BARF diet program, because I think that it is totally OK and heatlhy, but I have to agree that preparing raw food at your home, alone, is something the best that you can offer your dog. Now, it is true, this diet program is controversial, because I never was for diet program for our pets. It is OK if you want to change menu plan for your dog, but putting your dog on the diet program is something that I don't support, except if your dog is really, but really fat. I am for hommemade raw food program :)

I vote for homemade food as well :) There is no diet program at this world that is better than something that you make with your hands alone. Of course, there are a lot of benefits of this diet program, and I think that this is the main reason why this diet program is controversial at first place :) A lot of vets won’t recommend you this because your pet can caught some bacterial infection. You can caught some bacterial infection if you prepare food alone, but if you buy ingredients from someone who you trust, this won’t be any problem. 

BARF is great if you ask me. It can’t be worse than the thing that we give to our pets on a daily basis.

Take canned food for example. You have no idea what additives and supplements they use in order to make that food delicious and therefore make a good profit.

You don’t have to worry about that if you feed your pet according to BARF.

The topic is controversial because some people believe that cats have a sensitive digestive system (which is partially true) and that the bacteria that sometimes can be found in raw food can harm them.

Hi there..

Yes, you can find tons of articles and reviews about the BARF diet on the internet. This diet is very popular and a lot of pet owners are feeding their pets according to it. I am not sure why some people are for and some against it but I assume that the main reason are the vets.

You see, some vets are saying that the BARF diet promotes cat’s natural way of feeding. Cats ate just raw food before we made them our pets.

On the other hand, some vets are claiming that BARF diet isn’t good at all. Apparently, cats are no more used to raw food so they don’t recommend this way of feeding.

Hey there. I haven’t try this diet program, but according to the experiences from other people, this diet program promotes healthy lifestyle and it is totally OK, if your dog has some health and weight issue. I have to be honest, but I don’t have idea why they talk so much about this diet program, as controversial one. Maybe because of those bacteria’s, I am not so sure. But, I think that this diet program can’t be worse than food that some pet owners give to their pets. I think that this is better than this, if you don’t have a time to prepare food alone.

That is my opinion. 

Hi. BARF is very controversial. I think the main reason is because there are so many studies that show different results when it comes to this feeding plan. 

Just recently, I read this article that says that the latest study has showed great results of this diet, they say it has been proven that there are a lot of benefits of this diet for the overall health of our pets. 

And I remember, a month ago I read in some newspapers- there was a study that showed that not only does BARF have many risks, it is not beneficial at all.