Hi guys, I'm only 16 and I'm extremely self-conscious about my body. Recently I have noticed that my labia minora have grown an awful lot, and they are very ugly. One is noticeably longer then the other, and when I stretch them loosely they are about 2 inches long. It sometimes get uncomfortable, and I can't wear yoga pants. And I've never seen any bulges in any of the girls underwear at school or anything. Its horrible. But on top of that is I have a huge amount of vaginal discharge daily, and I really don't think it is normal!!!! It really sucks because I have to wear pantie liners ALL THE TIME and still it is uncomfortable because I can feel it gushing out sometimes. Sometimes I even resort to tampons. It is GROSS. I don't think I'm sick, though, because I have looked on several websites and it is the normal clear-whitish goo. I don't have a boyfriend and have never been intimate but I know that if this doesnt stop, I will never be able to let a guy down there, I am way too embarassed. I know I am too young for surgery, but is there ANY WAY to reduce my labia size? More importantly, HOW DO I STOP SO MUCH DISCHARGE?!?! Please, please help asap!!!!!!!!

Sincerely,
Frustrated and Embarrased.

I have the same stuff coming out of me and im 15. I have to wear panty liners too and i've been trying to find an answer. i went to the doctor and they gave me medicine for it twice but it didnt work. Your best bet is to go to the doctor tho. What they did to me was stick a cotton swab up my vagina which hurt because im a virgin, but going to the doctor is the best thing to do. But I know what you go through. I feel so embarrassed that I have to wear a panty liner everyday and when Im not wearing a panty liner i'm wearing a pad :(  its so embarrassing.

Hi :) Regarding your labia: all women have different sized labia, so having long or uneven labia is perfectly normal; there's no reason to feel self-conscious about them. I haven't ever heard of anyone having such excessive discharge, though, so you need to consult a doctor. That may seem embarrassing, but it will be worth it to hear advice from a professional.

I'm afraid I don't know anything about the discharge but I'm 16 as well and I have the same issue with my labia. I've been embarrased and worried about it for a while since I don't talk about this sort of stuff to anyone and had never heard about it before. There's been a rumour going around that my friend 'hasn't fully grown' down there and since I don't talk to her about this stuff I was wondering if possibly she had the same issue as me and therefore worrying that people would say the same thing about me as well :/ Well anyway, I recently looked into it and found that a lot of women have the same thing and that it's extremely normal. A lot of guys even like it! Most boys our age aren't actually that experienced and all they've seen is girls on porn who usually have small labia, therefore some at this age may think that large labia is gross and not normal. I think as they get older they will be more experienced and therefore that will improve... and as i said before, a lot of guys say that they even prefer it on girls. I'm just starting to get over my embarrasement and tbh, if a boy says anything to you to critise it... he's not worth it anyway :P So yeah, it's completely normal and you're not the only one :)

Sorry it's so long ^^ You can tell I was emotional about it ;)
There is surgery btw but I would only suggest it if it's hurting you. Otherwise don't change yourself for others, find someone who loves you for who you are :)

Like another poster wrote, it is completely normal! I am 27 now, but for years I thought I was abnormal because I had these labia...but actually I just didn't understand that they come with puberty! It's true everyone has different shapes and sizes, but they are not a turn off. (As a recently married woman, let's just say my husband finds me very sexy!!) But I totally understand your embarrassment.  I've been wearing panty liners every day since as long as I can remember, both to protect my lady parts from rubbing on pants and hurting, and also because of constant discharge. Actually, I found that once I went on the pill, the discharge mostly stopped! It makes sense, since it's a hormonal thing. I still wear the pads though to protect my lady parts...And I guess now I'm so used to it that I don't find it annoying anymore.

Just wanted to encourage you that you are normal, you're beautiful, and there are others out there that have gone or are going through exactly how you feel right now. I am just glad you are asking and finding out now, because for me I went for so long thinking I was weird! :) ::hugs::

I love you already! I am, well, over 50 and am really distressed to read on here how young ladies feel embarresment and even disgust over the appearance of their body parts. This is just wrong. I have never been with an ugly woman. I have never found a woman's Lady Parts an issue one way or the other. The only way I've found them is delightful. Seriously, all of you should look at yourselves in the mirror and be able to know you are wonderful. If you love your man and he loves you, trust him to love you down there also. Show him your most private places and he'll only love something else about you.

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I have quite literally EXACTLY the same problem as you (an abnormal amount of discharge and a large labia minora) and its so hard going to school everyday knowing that I'm gonna endure the horrible feeling day after day... I constantly change the position I'm sitting in during classes just cuz I'm never comfortable - and I've been having this for about 3 years! I really don't like it when everyone says 'be happy with who you are' and 'everyone's body is different'. I don't care so much about how my vagina looks, I just want the feeling to go away!

If you've got any sort of a solution I would really be 100% in debt to you. Oh and I'm 14 by the way.

Thank you!

I am almost 50 but when I was 16 the first girl I went down on had very very long labia, I knew it was common from seeing magaizines but I did not care, it was literally like 7 inches long and got caught in the back of my mouth and gaged me, all I need to do was hold it out to the side and everything was great. never caused me any concerns. I do not know about the discharge, every time we were together she was shower fresh. i think it is fine just makes you you!!!

do girls have big labia's because they play with their vagina a lot?

Girls, long labia are super sexy - so don't feel bad about them.  I am a guy and prefer the longer labia over the small ones that hide.  Don't worry if they are not exactly the same size - we men do not care about that.  

The issue the first girl had with discharge does not have anything to do with long labia.  Any girl can have discharge due to a number of reasons.  If there is some infection, then get it figured out. But most likely the discharge is normal.  The main thing we men care about is you have good hygiene and are clean.  Keep yourself clean and you man will love giving you attention in that special area.  Excuse yourself and wash up before being with a man so you are fresh.  I guarantee he will love you for it.  And if you man does not do the same, give him a gentle reminder.  We men need to keep clean too.  

But back to large labia.  They are the best, so please, no surgery.  Keep them long and love yourself first - your man will love you too.

I ment to say I knew it was NOT common. but anyway oral sex all you/or him have to do is hold it out to the side. just keep being you, i think things like this are sexy.

Thats wow. 7 inches? Thats quite long! Mine are an inch or almost 2.

I can tell you as a man long vaginal lips are wonderful! Don't cut them off most men love them. Don't worry so much about the discharge unless it's an infection. The additional lubrication will make sex much more pleasurable!

um 30yrs old,i have a big labia lips and all years i was embarrassed but six months later i found a man who loves ma big labia lips.um now feel like a woman, um pound of ma big labia lips. thank God by dis big gift. i even enjoy sex now.

I am obsessed with long labias. They are a real turn on. The discharge will just make it feel that much better. Long labia are a must for me.