I found this on Wiki.

Thrombocytopenia (or thrombopenia) is a relative decrease of platelets in blood.

Platelets, or thrombocytes (from Greek θρόμβος, "clot" and κύτος, "cell"), are small, irregularly shaped clear cell fragments (i.e. cells that do not have a nucleus containing DNA), 2–3 µm in diameter,[1] which are derived from fragmentation of precursor megakaryocytes. The average lifespan of a platelet is normally just 5 to 9 days. Platelets are a natural source of growth factors. They circulate in the blood of mammals and are involved in hemostasis, leading to the formation of blood clots.

If the number of platelets is too low, excessive bleeding can occur. However, if the number of platelets is too high, blood clots can form (thrombosis), which may obstruct blood vessels and result in such events as a stroke, myocardial infarction, pulmonary embolism or the blockage of blood vessels to other parts of the body, such as the extremities of the arms or legs. An abnormality or disease of the platelets is called a thrombocytopathy,[2] which could be either a low number of platelets (thrombocytopenia), a decrease in function of platelets (thrombasthenia), or an increase in the number of platelets (thrombocytosis). There are disorders that reduce the number of platelets, such as heparin-induced thrombocytopenia (HIT) or thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP) that typically cause thromboses, or clots, instead of bleeding.

Platelets release a multitude of growth factors including platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF), a potent chemotactic agent, and TGF beta, which stimulates the deposition of extracellular matrix. Both of these growth factors have been shown to play a significant role in the repair and regeneration of connective tissues. Other healing-associated growth factors produced by platelets include basic fibroblast growth factor, insulin-like growth factor 1, platelet-derived epidermal growth factor, and vascular endothelial growth factor. Local application of these factors in increased concentrations through Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) has been used as an adjunct to wound healing for several decades.

Are any of you allergic or have worn those fuzzy socks during the winter time? Because I found out that I had those bumps and are now allergic to those socks I've worn for a while now. I stopped wearing them for a year already and no bumps now!

I just got them last week and they seem to be increasing. Just found this info. on another forum. It makes sense, I sit at the computer more than ever now. Bottom line: poor circulation and not enough water.
"Tiny red spots on feet and calfs of legs
Hiiiii! I read all the threads here and saw the pic posted it looks and sounds like the same thing I have developed over the past couple of years....When I first saw them on the front of my calfs I thought they were tiny flea bites....although they didnt hurt or itch...but then they weren't going away ether and I started to notice an increase and then finally it covered to top of my feet and ran up to just below my knees........some of the little spots were brown, most of them red and looked like little pin pricks....
GREAT NEWS!!!! I found out what it is!!!!!

It turns out that my change in activity...uhmmm or the lack of activity (sitting at my computer for long hours caused a little circulation problem) ....they dont itch or hurt and they only go up to the knee and are on the top of the foot and around the ankle....... increasing activity and not sitting for such long hours has really improved the appearance of my skin on my legs and feet...the spots DO go away...as for it showing up on Diabetics it makes perfect sense since there are issues of circulaton associated with having diabeties.... this is something that anyone can have...its easy to figure out if this is your problem by associating changes in your activities around the time they showed up...... if you are spending longer hours sitting or standing in one spot and not moving around chances are your feet and legs will show signs....the spots themselves are harmless, however a sign that its time to improve your lifestyle."

Looks like chigger bites.

Just noticed that my husband has the same redish spots on the front outer part of both his feet.  Anyone has more information please!!!

I have very small red dots on the under side of my middle toe, they are extremely small but are quite painful at times. I cant find any answer my mum is a Nurse who said she'd look for me. But has never got round to it

try looking up venus stasis or venus reflux.

look up schambergs disease, it has pictures of it

I have red-black spot on my both feet . first it comes red spot after few days change in to red spot please help me what should i do

I have the same thing. Sides of my ankles, and spreading. If it is not bumpy, and itches, its most likely a heat rash. Or an allergic reaction to something.

It sounds like it may be Cellulitis.  Ask your Dr. to test for it. My mom has the same redness on her lower legs and feet.

I get those as well, my sister told me that causes is less water and less exercise

I know I'm 51, diabetic and cardiovascular problems, and I take it they have something to do with all of this combined, but plan to tell my doctor about it on my next appointment and I suggest all others would do the same. :)

I also have the same spots and its on my left leg and right and on top of my feet also

Dear Do you know what is this , is this serios, any name of this diecies