I am a new nurse and I only started getting these after I spent 12 hours standing on my feet. They are caused by small broke capillaries so I'm guessing it is due to standing for a long time maybe not getting good blood return.

Hello
Did you find a solution or you still have a problem

My doctor didn't say anything either but mine come an go. I'll have them for a few months but then they go away. I wish i knew what its called or caused

Wow! I think that may be my problem. I was told I was zinc deficient. Thank you!!! I hadnt made the connection.

I just found a thing called capilaritis that looks a lot like what I've got going on. If so, no big deal but also no cure ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My doctor ignored it too. Said it could be a bruising condition? Which I don't think is the case at all.

I have had re-occurring red splotches on my ankles and lower legs for a few months, twice now, after being in a chair at work for hours, then coming home, cooking on my feet and doing housework, carpooling, etc...I have noticed dark red spots on the top of mt feet and ankles. I am alarmed because my feet are also tingling...could this be circulation issues?

Sounds like Ascending Purpura

Yes. Google Purpura.

Purpura, standing or sitting for long periods.

My doctor said, don't you hate getting old! I'm 34.

I suffer from gout and I have red spots on my feet thought it was gout related.

I had same thing in fact I still have them, a year later. My doctor was not concerned, but told me that the it is from the iron in my blood, that causes the cloting,. I do have neuropathy ,which is nerve damage, bad circulation from diabetes.

Have your doctor check for purpura

Cherry Angiomas ....thank you for this info. Very helpful. My husband and I both have it. I think it has to do with pressure after time. But makes lots of sense. Spread the word