Is there anybody who visited a dietician called dr. Berstein in Toronto, Canada? I heard he is really good. I am 80 pounds over weight and I do need help in reducing my weight. I can’t do it on my own. I was thinking about going to dr. Berstein’s clinic but before I do so, I wanted to see if anybody had anything to tell me, like their experiences and stuff.

Hi there! Here are some of the things I liked about the dr. Berstein’s clinic. I hope some of them can help you make up your mind. First thing is that all the stuff are doctors and real nurses and technicians. They keep a track of patient’s health every day, and they treat us as individual which means that they are interested in how we are all doing. When you lose weight with their help, you lose only fat, not water or lean tissue. Programs are individually prescribed for the patients special needs. There is no hunger during dieting, and there are no exercises. And the most important thing is that the treatments are not that expensive and can be covered by insurance. I must say I am more than satisfied.

I just finished losing weight at a berstein clinic in my town. Email me and I will tell you about it. ******
Christa

edited by moderator**emails not allowed

mY husband was 100 lbs over weight 3 years ago and went to the berstein clinic in Vancouver, B.C. He lost the weight really fast. The cost is $600.00 per month and is not covered by medical. You also get 3 Vit. B shots a week. The menu is real strick, but after the 3rd day you are not hungry.

The B shots stop you from having hanging skin after the weight is lost. Also you have to drink 8 glasses of water per day which also helps. Because the weight loss is so fast that will keep you real motivated. Best of luck. Also if you refer someone and they go you get a free week. Hope this helps.

Currently my husband and I are on the Bernstein diet. The diet works, but has very strict guidelines. Many people are not hungry while on this diet, but my husband and I have been following this diet strictly and still experience hunger. There is no opportunity for treats or special occasions.

I have been on the diet since 2004. I started out weighting 278 lbs, and dropped down to 168 in less than 1 year. I have had trouble keeping it off even though I exercise alot! (Running, masters swim club, weight lifting, RPM classes, and white water kayaking--I am not joking I work out on average 1 to 2 hours per day!!) When I read over my journals, I can say that I have taken an emotional turn for the better since the diet. I have recently returned, (after gaining 60lbs) it is $ 600.00 per month, plus potassium tablets prescribed (for me) 3 times per day at $ 1.00 each, plus multi vitamins at $ 14.00 a bottle, and the bars and so on cost about $15.00 per box of 6 (i think). I can say that it balances out in that you spend way less on food as you are eating close to 500 calories per day, you cannot drink alcohol, so you save money there too. My grocery bills run around $ 30.00 per week now.

When I was allowed to return, I did get put on a serious restriction program. You cannot cheat, You have to prepay for and carry an ongoing balance of 24 injections, and if you do not follow the restrictions, you get kicked off the diet, and you lose your money! you have to provide urine samples and be in ketosis at EVERY visit, you must show up for all 3 injections, you have to lose 2 lbs per week (deducted from what you have lost) , you must pre-plan your menu for the week, failure to do any of these results in immediate termination of treatment and the loss of your money! No EXCEPTIONS!!

This month I lost 22 lbs and I almost got kicked off because I plateaued my last week and missed the 2 lb restriction by .06 of a lb!!! VERY stressful. I was refused my last injection, and told I had to see the doctor. She totally ragged me out because I plateaued, and she did not care that I had lost 21 lbs, I missed the goal they gave me, and she was ready to kick me off. My saving grace was that I was in ketosis, and she told me that the aspartame in diet pop, and the jello light (items allowed on the diet) were tricking my body into storing fat and making me not lose weight. I have given up all aspartame products!

It is a good diet in that it produces results, but it takes ALOT , and I mean ALOT!!!!!! of work, and emotional stamina to stay with the program, Maintenance is brutal, and harder than losing the weight. If you gain it back, they will let you back, but under brutal restrictions, and at your expense. The support and encouragement I used to get is not there anymore! I show up, hold my breath and pray I lose weight, and am in ketosis, and fear being brutally embarrassed if I fail!

Please note: It does work, I was 223 Jan 23rd, I am now 198 and it is Feb 21, !!!!

no opprotunity for treats, hanging skin, i heard all the criticisms.

I lost 200 lbs on Bernstein and i have kept it off 7 years.

Of course there's no chance for cheating, because this is an ultra diet. this works if you stick to it.

Erase all love of food from your brain and this diet it easy. If you think you're gonna lose weight and then just got back to ordering Pizza you're wrong.

Fat people need to make a life change, not go on a diet. This is for life. Either you love food or you're gonna be fat. There's just no easy way around it unless you excercise hard and have a good metabolism.

As for hanging skin, well you were fat,now you're not, hanging skin should be the least of your worries. With excercise and swimming in particular your skin will recede back.

You don't need to pay for bernstein either, just eat 800-1000 calories a day and walk around. Cut out all grains and fat and dairy products except for low fat cheese. Eat potassium, multivitamin and B6 and B12 supplements.

My girlfriend just started this diet about 2 weeks ago. So far she has surpassed her weekly weight loss goals and it seems to be going well. I am keeping a blog about it if you want to see the progress as she moves towards her goal.

gettenskinny.blogspot.com

Can you tell us more about your experience. Thanks

dont do it, been there and you gained it back

hello this for the lady that said that you need to get b12 and b6 vitamines .i would like to ask you, if you know what `s the amount in ml.thank you

when doing the diet, do you have enough energy to exercise?

I realize the diet is very strict, but doesn't he give a 16pg booklet with the allowed foods (including brand names)? I'm interested to know which foods he chooses, can anyone share this?

Hi

I am restarting Dr. B. diet next Tuesday.
I was on this program for 2 months 4 years ago. I cheated on the weekends, my ketosis never went to the level it should be, I missed injections... and even though I lost 16 pounds in 2 months. I was not kicked out of the program and was never mistreated there but I was sent to the doctor and he was firm and clear that if I could not stick to the program I should be aware that I was wasting my money and my time.

I was terrified of the needles (they hurt almost nothing but I was getting too anxious b/c of them) so I decided to stop. After that I did not go on any diet, no exercise, and ate everything I like (chocolates, ice cream, etc) and even thought it took me a year to START regaining weight.

I had my needles in my belly and I lost more fat in that area. I still have less fat in my belly than what I have on my stomach area, butocks, etc. (Maybe it is a councidence...). During the diet I did feel good and energetic (Vitamins) and I did not feel hungry but I craved some specific foods (that is why I cheated)

I recently gained more weight and tried several diets. All of them worked but I am one of those persons who need to see more rapid results in order to keep motivated so I decided to restart woth Dr. B and loose the 40 pounds I have to loose.

I will post again with the results.

Thanks

Oh boy am I worried for you people. The diet is brutal! Did u read that one post about cutting out all grains, fat and dairy?! How is that healthy!? And the other guy that is struggling to keep it off, being embaressed?!

You're starving yourself if 800-1000 cals is all you're eating and once you stop doing that, you'll gain it all back. its messing up your metabolism.

the fact of the matter is diets dont work. Go see a nutritionist. And if you're binge-eating, see a psychologist. Trust me, it was the best thing I could have ever done. These are just gimmicks.

**edited by moderator **