Hi all. I’m 23 and I’m overweight… So far I’ve tried to lose some weight on many ways, but with no success. Recently I’ve heard for one new diet program, created by Dr Stan Bernstein. Has anybody try it??? What were your experiences??? What were results??? I would appreciate any info you have on it – I would like to knw more about it before testing it myself. Thanks a lot.

I’ve started dr stan bernstein diet 3 months ago and so far I’m very satisfied. During first few weeks I did not notice any changes. But, after a month or so I started noticing some weight loss. Then, during next week I’ve lost 4 pounds, and than 6 during the next one… So far I’ve lost 23 pounds – I plan to lose 10 more. So, I would recommend you try it – that is the only way you can find out if it will work for you. Hope this helps.

My mother is an obese woman and has tried a lot of the popular diets over the years and none of them worked then she found out about Dr.Bernsteins clinics. She weighed 400 pounds when she started about two years ago and has now lost 150 pounds and is a new woman. She gained some weight at Christmas this year and had to sign a contract that she would lose 2 pounds a week. She is now able to travel and that is what she did when she went to Mexico last week. She gained about ten pounds while she was away (as you do at an all inclusive resort) and when she returned to the clinic only to promptly get KICKED OUT by Dr.Bernstein himself because of the weight gain. She is devastated, and I am afraid for her future. She has paid ALOT of money over two years and had been very successful up to now. I just don’t understand how they could do this to my mom, it seems as though he cares more about his reputation then he does about the people in his program. This program DOES work but if this is the way they treat their patients I would not recommend it to anyone.
If anyone has had similar experiences with Dr. B or knows someone who has I would love to hear about them …I doubt my moms the only one … she is a kind, good hearted person and any support would be appreciated
Thank you

Health Advisor
Hi there! Oh my God, I didn’t know how these clinics work!
I have been actually reading about dr. Berstains clinic and though of as such a cool place especially because I read that they treated everyone as an individual and made diet programs and plans according to everybody’s weight, age, health, etc…..and I thought that this must work.
However, I did imagine that the stuff especially doctor himself to be kinder, which shows completely opposite in your mothers case. I don’t know what to think now.

I am not aware about any special rules they have on a clinic! From what you said, patients are forbidden to gain weight or what?
Did your mom have to stay on the clinic or only visit from time to time?

I was wondering if you could tell me a bit more about the clinics work! And the prices if you’re aware of them! Thank you

I am very sorry about what happened to your mother. It is definitely wrong no matter what their policy is.
Have you tried talking to her, reassuring her that they are obviously not worth of any hassle and that she could try to continue with dieting on her own.

There is a book, written by a MAYO CLINIC stuff about the right choices of food and how to properly combine them. I can’t remember the exact name now but if you’re interested I can find out.

I've read an awful lot of negative things from people about this diet. So I thought I would weigh in (pun intended) with my opinion. I did the diet last summer for about 8 weeks. I lost 13 pounds in the first week. That kept me going back. Instant results. Mine was an unusual result, but I tend to think it had a bit do to with water loss. Whatever. I could fit in clothes I haven't fit in for 3 years. At the end of the 8 weeks, I had lost 30 pounds. Awesome.

I wasn't overly hungry during the diet, and found that there was a lot of food that I could eat. Chicken, white fish, lots of veggies, fruit. The major thing that this diet is about is no sugar and no flour. Those were the two things that I ALWAYS ate before the diet. Total change in eating habits for me. I didn't get headaches, feel sick, or feel like I was going to die from hunger. I felt great because I was eating healthier.

I went off the program because I was going to be away on a course for 9 weeks. On the course I ate bread, cheese, dairy and all the stuff that I wasn't allowed to. (but in moderation) I gained back about 10 pounds. That's it. Not bad considering I was eating garbage and not taking my shots.

I've just restarted the program. I've lost 7 pounds in 6 days. No problems. Sure, I'm a bit hungry just because I'm missing all the sugar I'm used to eating.

Yes, it's expensive. But for me, it's worth it for now. No one should tell you what diet you should go on or not go on. This one works for me, and I've tried EVERYTHING. Weight watchers, Atkins, Scarsdale, QuickTrim, etc... This is the one that works for me. I have no trouble keeping to the food list. (although I do slip the odd piece of chocolate in there to satisfy a serious craving) The food list keeps adding new foods, so it's probably changed a lot since a lot of the posters here have tried it.

Thanks for reading. I'm happy with this diet. For now. Just thought you should hear something positive.

I too would like to let you know that I was very happy with this diet.

Here is a log I kept as I headed for my goal.
Lbs Date
Start: 240.0 Wednesday 26-Apr-06
237.2 Thursday 27-Apr-06
235.6 Friday 28-Apr-06
Saturday 29-Apr-06
Sunday 30-Apr-06
231.2 Monday 01-May-06
Tuesday 02-May-06
232.4 Wednesday 03-May-06
Thursday 04-May-06
228.6 Friday 05-May-06
Saturday 06-May-06
Sunday 07-May-06
227.0 Monday 08-May-06
Tuesday 09-May-06
222.6 Wednesday 10-May-06
Thursday 11-May-06
220.2 Friday 12-May-06
Saturday 13-May-06
Sunday 14-May-06
219.0 Monday 15-May-06
Tuesday 16-May-06
217.4 Wednesday 17-May-06
Thursday 18-May-06
215.8 Friday 19-May-06
Saturday 20-May-06
Sunday 21-May-06
Monday 22-May-06
Tuesday 23-May-06
212.4 Wednesday 24-May-06
Thursday 25-May-06
209.4 Friday 26-May-06
Saturday 27-May-06
Sunday 28-May-06
Monday 29-May-06
Tuesday 30-May-06
207.2 Wednesday 31-May-06
Thursday 01-Jun-06
205.2 Friday 02-Jun-06
Saturday 03-Jun-06
Sunday 04-Jun-06
Monday 05-Jun-06
Tuesday 06-Jun-06
201.2 Wednesday 07-Jun-06
Thursday 08-Jun-06
200.0 Friday 09-Jun-06

Total 40.0 44 days from start to finish

Current: 195.0 19 days after I stopped the diet.
I now look at food in a very different way than I did before the diet. The staff was firm in their approach, but not like a boot camp or any thing

I just had a call from my one of my daughters tonight (she now lives in a different city) and she wants me to help her start the same diet. I of course said yes to help her.

That is how I came to be here now; I was looking for a list of the allowed foods for the diet as I have given my book away to a co-worker who gave my the name "Big Belly" they now call me "skinny Craig" at work. I went from a size 46 waist to a 36!!! in that same time frame.

Craig_m
Ottawa, On

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **

heidi wrote:

amy99 wrote:

Thank you

Quote:

i think dr b is a prejudice fake and cares about money nobody else. he will kick u off because hes a monster. ppl loose weight with his diet and so what if ppl cheat that shoul let dr b know this person is struggling get to the bottom of it. his reputation would be waaaaaaaay better off but he doesnt care about us and ppl who work at his clinics are fat girls with attitude

Beware of this very same post that appears on SEVERAL Dr. B. Diet threads. I think this person is either completely making this story up or changing some of the facts to slam the program. Sounds to me like (if the story is partly true), her mother shouldn't have been such a pig on her vacation. What kind of overeating slob gains 10 lbs in such a short period of time??????

This is the post I am referring to.......

"By: amy99
Newbie

Joined: 27 Jan 2006
Posts: 2

Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:40 pm Post subject: dissapointed in dr. b

Thank you"

i have been on this diet email me at ******* i'll tell you about it and i'm younger like you as well

edited by moderator***private emails not allowed

I have none.. any ideas?
xx

I went on this diet. It worked great. I only had two pounds to go before l reached target. They wanted me to pay for another month of weight loss before l could start stabilization. During the first couple of stabilization, you usually lose weight...so why did they need another $500 for 2 lbs and then $350 a month for stab. I quit. I have regained even when following the diet.

I know quite a few people who have all tried the diet and all have regained, some are even bigger than before.

When l tried to restart, everything was fine for the first month . Then l started having problems with my kidneys. I was told to get off the diet.

It may be a blessing for some, but l don't know anyone who was actually helped in the long run.

I have been on the diet now for 3 weeks today. i have lost 15lbs- trying to get to 125 from 175.(gained due to major vehicle accident) This diet is based on vitamins b(several) and Pottasium. you take pills for the pottasium and shots for the vit.b.
you will lose wieght, how fast and how much is up to you following the diet. The diet is not really that strict, i have had little difficulties with following it, and if you have a problem you just talk to the nurses -they have been extremely helpful (ie. with meal ideas). You pay for this ...they want to help you...once you lose the weight they even have a maintenance program that can start re-introducing other foods back into your diet. And you stay healthy through-out the whole proceedure.
The person who wrote the bit about his mom getting kicked out ,does not ring true to me and those who went through the program. Maybe she just couldnt/didnt want to do it and found an excuse. The doctor may have let her know if she didnt want to do it she was just wasting her time/money. However i cant see any company making money saying essentially....no thanks...we dont want all that money you are throwing at us.Maybe this guy should offer his mom more support instead letting her die of obesity-take her for a walk, cook for her (healthy)and make her write down anything that goes in her mouth to see where the problems really lay.My mom tried diets for years too, now she has joined me and lost 12lbs in her first complete week and has buddied up with me for meal times and walks(not that you have to walk -but do somthing to get your heart started again).
Once again-it is what you make of it-it is easy but you still have to participate-FOR YOUR SELF!!!

I've seen such success with the Bernstein Diet, however I'm 4 hours from the nearest clinic! I was wondering if there was any way that I could find a list of the allowable foods list so I can get started on the food portion of the diet.

Thanks so much!

this diet work but all the people I know gain the weight back very fast! After you lose the weight you will crave all kinds of junk, sugar and carbs. If you don't follow the 800 calories a day program, they will kick you out of the clinic and will be very rude to you! trust me been there done that.

:I tried this diet i went into shock then i felt and