Whenever I shave down there I develop a whole bunch of inflamed zits that itch like crazy. I went to see a dermatologist because I couldn’t get rid of them. She told me that I have developed foliculitis and prescribed an antibiotic. She also told me to be more careful about the shaving procedure, so I was wondering what she meant by that. Are there any specific things I should watch for? Thx

Hi there! There are certainly some things you could do to avoids cuts and bumps and inflammation during shaving. First thing to do is wash your skin with warm water. The most important thing is not to use an old razor but always a new one. This way you will definitely decrease the chances of possible inflammations. Apply the shaving gel on the shaving area and let it stay there for a while. Don’t press while your shaving and hold the lose skin by your free fingers. By pressing, you’re more likely to make a cut. If you’re too hairy, make sure you trim them first. Long hairs will only make the procedure more complicated. You know, after shaves should be avoided. I prefer using witch-hazel; I got that tip from a beauty magazine.

i heard of zits, but i havent gotten them. before you shave if you do not have shaving cream then try using conditioner. it is better than nothing. i dont know what to tell yah about the zits, just dont pop them. and if you do, stop poping them as soon as blood comes out. (i learned how to pop a pimple on Tyra Banks). coolio

check out brazillian hair removal.

i hate ingrown hairs!

Shaving is a lot easier if you try to thin out and soften the hair first. I go into my hot tub for about 15 minutes, a hot bath works too, and then use Nair sensitive skin. I leave it on for about 8 minutes or so and then wash off the Nair. I don't wipe the Nair off with a rag, just rinse it off in the shower. Then I lather up with shaving gel and shave with a Gillette Mach 3. Fresh blades definitely help. I find that this way, I can get away with shaving against the grain without getting bleeding or bumps. If I do bleed though, a little Visine helps to stop it. (it constricts the blood vessels). I don't do this every day though. Most days I just use shaving cream in the shower and shave with the grain. Good luck and stick with it if the first shave doesn't work too well. After a few weeks/months the hair should be a lot thinner than when you first start if you've been using Nair.