Hi, my husband just had this procedure 3 weeks ago & what you describe is pretty much the exact way it has played out for him too. I hope the procedure was a success for you once you got past the healing phase. My husband hasn't bothered with the pain killers either, how long did it take before that intense pain when you urinate stopped?
He is also having to urinate more frequently than normal during the day & it comes on quite suddenly with no warning, apparently this is normal during the healing phase, he too has still been getting up about 3 times during the night. Did you have the sense of urgency as well & how long did it take for the frequency to normalise & have you now reduced the number of times you have to get up through the night? I hope you dont mind all the questions but it seems you have had a very similar experience so it would be great to hear how it all worked out for you. My husband also passed a very large clot a couple of days ago & since then there doesn't seem to be much blood in his urine anymore. He also passed a reasonable sized piece of scab prior to that which also is apparently quite normal. We are hoping that things might start easing up now but we know it can take up to 8 weeks for the full effect of the procedure to be evident, but if the pain could at least ease up that would be great. Look forward to hearing from you. Thanks

I had a bipolar TURP 2 weeks ago. Recovery has been easy. Discharge from hospital after 24 hours. A little discomfort urinating at first. Pain meds for about a day. Able to resume light exercise within 5 days. Riding a bike and working out after a week. A little soreness but not bad. I am able to pee like a young man which is great. It now takes about 20 seconds to empty bladder rather than 2 minutes. Still awaken to pee 3x per night (used to be 4-5x per night). Dr. said that that would be the last symptom to change. Urge to pee is stronger when I exercise. Ejaculation is less than before but not fully retrograde -- less messy!. I am 60 and in good shape which may have affected my outcome. So far I am very glad I had the procedure. I had a large medial lobe so urolift was not an option.

What type of electrode was used in your bipolar TURP? Was it a loop like a monopolar TURP or a plasma button?

I have no idea

But the urologist did tell you he was doing a bipolar TURP, right? Did he say why he has switched from the monopolar TURP?

Turp is the worst procedure you can have. If it was so great they would have had come up with other procedure. My urologist will not do them unless it is a last resort. Find something else to have done. To many side effects and some men have given up sex after because it is not the same.