I am just 4 weeks into recovery from bone fusion, with pins, plates in my foot. I am aware of the complications with non union and bone regeneration when smoking tobacco. My question is this, I want to smoke a few Js and already would be using non Tobacco, Tar or Niccotine product, any ideas if this would decrease, increase the harm, is it just the nicotine and tobacco intake, or the physical act of inhaling smoke ect.

Thanks :) :cool:

Not sure what you mean by non-tobacco, tar or niccotine product.. Smoking cigarettes WILL kill you eventually so idk what else there is to say about that... Anything that is ignited and inhaled will deposit tar and carbon monoxide into your body. Neither of which will do any favors for any part of your body. If bone fusion and regeneration is a concern, have your vitamin D and calcium/magnesium levels checked.

Thankyou, I am also taking Vitamin D - The Non Tobacco product is intended for use in giving up smoking ..... its made from herbs and plants not containing TAR, Tobacco, or Nicotine.

How much D are you taking and was your blood tested for the amount of it's content? Is it D3 or D2? If exercising is too difficult or painful for the most part, have you tried a non-impact workout such as swimming or bike riding? If you don't keep the body moving it'll shut down. No pain no gain... Not trying to be Mr. Mom here or pretend that I'm telling you anything new. But in order to feel like I'm helping I have to ask and state these obvious things...

Tell me more about the non-tobacco product. Tar is not an ingredient-it's a residual byproduct of igniting something-anything.

Hello :-)
I am taking Adcal-D3 Daily - 3000mg Calcium Carbonate and 20 micrograms of D3 - have not had blood tested. I can't do much exersize at the moment and still in plaster (for 6 more weeks) however i am mobile on crutches weight bearing only partialy / wheelchair when too much.

The NON Tobacco mix - plant mixture hazelnut, papaya, peppermint, eucaliptus - made by a company called Arkopharma - I have also just noticed that the paket states a small anount of tar.

Thanks for your help and comments, Heaing is going very well.

:-)