I have heard of nitrous oxide causing tobacco cravings, or is it the other way around? My friends told me that NO should help with quitting smoking. I also know that it is a so called laughing gas so I do not see any connection with nicotine. Anyway, I am 44 years old and I have been a passionate smoker since I lit my first cigarette, almost three decades ago. And now, I am reconsidering my habit and getting info before I start anything.

Well, whatever it sounds like, it is true. There were some researches that showed being on nitrous oxide for 72 hours would help people who tries to leave nicotine. This is because first 72 hours are crucial for them. If they do not take nicotine in that time, there is a great possibility that they could go on without it for a much longer time. The point is, the sensation you feel from NO wears off in a short while, but the brain effects stay for 72 hours.

Careful, Nitrous oxide is an addictive substance.