Hello! Is there anybody who tried southbeach diet and managed to actually lose some weight. I would really like to hear from you!

Hi! It is unfortunately not me but my husband’s sister who reached success with this diet. She lost 14 pounds in her first 2 weeks and is going for more in this she calls it 2nd phase. She says she had to give up refined or highly processed carbohydrates such as white bread, pasta, cakes, and cookies, which are quickly digested and leave you feeling hungrier faster. When she was choosing the carbs, lean protein, and healthy fat directed in a diet she said she was feeling full and satisfied. The next phases she says are more slowly in going down with weight but she looks really persistent this time and it is working for her.

I lost 30 pounds in about six months. I had gained weight after I quit smoking and this diet really was easy for me to do and easy to stay on. The first two weeks were the hardest and it was a great feeling when I went to phase II and ate some fruit, it was a very satisfying experiance.

My sister tried the diet and lost about 10 poundes in the first two weeks but did not stay with it.

You don't need fad diets. You need sensible, balanced meals, less sugar, less saturated fat, less sugaring carbs, more fruit, more vegm more water, more essential fatty acids and more exercise. Don't count weight, count inches. Muscle is heavier than fat.

I did it but gained the weight back. I think that basically it is healthy but the first 2 weeks are hard and I thinkg that everyone could use less sugar in their lives.

I went on the South Beach Diet in 2003; shortly after the book was published. It was very effective for me. My goal was to lose 15 pounds, and I lost it in about two months. Only thing, the initial phase of the diet is extremely restrictive, as it basically only allows for fresh foods; nothing processed. It made it kind of cumbersome because everything had to be cooked; no grab-and-eat foods. No fruit or fruit juices were allowed, either. It works, but it requires quite a bit of discipline to stick to it.