I am 25 years old and I'm very active in sports, especially karate and kick boxing. I'm practicing those for more than 6 years now. My friend told me of benefits of cross training so I started running a year ago. I have to admit, it's in my blood now, and distances I cover are getting longer each day, so I'm thinking of marathon. I know that right now I am not prepared, but I would like to be. So, anyone run marathons here? Any advice?

I tried to run marathons couple if years ago. I was also practicing martial arts, aikido, and I thought that some running would do me good. And it did. But, I just could not find the time for both of these activities. Marathon training takes a lot of time, and that was a problem for me. So, I quit marathon and continued with aikido. You should know that marathon uses your muscles in a completely different way than karate, so if you're planning to be active in both sports, be prepared for a stressful period in your life.