Hi I am active thirty years old woman. I have never exercised because I never had trouble with my weight. Now I would like to start with some kind of workout program. The main goal for me is to strengthen my muscles. I wouldn't like to do aerobic exercises because I have tried them and find them too demanding, except from the stretching part. And besides I am not looking to lose weight. Is there a workout program that will strengthen my muscles with the help of stretching exercises?

Hi, stretching exercises are primarily focused on lengthening the muscles but there is a type of stretching workout that is used to strengthen the muscles. It is called PNF or proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation. It is a program designed to strengthen the muscles while you stretch. To do these exercises you will need a partner. The important thing is to warm-up before you start the work out. The program is not to demanding and you should enjoy it.