No. Trying antibiotics now.

No. Trying antibiotics now.

I have the same swelling, mostly on the left side sometimes on the right. The size changes over time. Tests, cat scan all negative. I finally found a Dr. who has the same thing and said it was caused by an over flow from the lymphatic system. he has lyme and I was finally diagnosed to have lyme as well. As I healed it (98% better now) the swelling reduced along with the plethora of other side effects. It's still present on the left side to varying levels at times. I found biking for long distances lowered it to almost flat. Also taking Apple cider vinegar and honey reduced the swelling even before I had healed the lyme. I still have some remnants left and need to identify what that is to heal it but for the most part I's brought myself back to normal. This doesn't mean it's what others are suffering from only what I found mine to be. Kind Regards, Fred

Hi Fred. How long it it take to go away? I just had an mri and I have no other obvious symptoms. I have had mine since coming back from a business trip to India. about 3 months. Colleen.

It will remain until the pathogen that is causing it is gone. I still have some of the Lyme co infections present and the swelling is still present, just much smaller and it doesn't impede movement anymore.

I'm not sure how much I believe it, but I've been told by an ENT that the "puffiness" and even lung/rib cartilage issues can indirectly be caused by silent reflux (LPR). Good luck to anybody else who comes to this thread. They may not know what this is or how to help us, but we aren't imagining it. Most doctors will certainly try yo make us feel that way, but that's just due to insecurity and false bravado. We must be holistic and take our health and lives into our own hands (at least, this is the point I've come to in my journey).

Is your puffiness feeling full at the supraclavicular fossa? I noticed mine after cervical fusion surgery but opposite side of incision. Awaiting MRI. I was diagnosed with silent reflux prior to surgery. Also is your puffiness on both sides or just one side? Thank you!

Yes--so tight above the clavicles that the skin has started to have marks, like faint stretch marks. Like one of those inflateable collars? Both sides, but the left is more than just that spot. It makes it look as though my left shoulder is sitting higher than my right becaise the swelling is everywhere, behind and in front, but uniformly spread out so it doesn't look pathologic or noticeble. It makes it just a little hard to breathe, as it would if you had a pillow around your neck.

I juat saw a holistic oral surgeon who disclosed to me that there is a retained piece of broken file tip from a root canal I had 3 years ago, around when this all started. Also, he said the root canal was never fully completed, due to this tip being stuck, and debris shoved into the roots of an adjacent healthy tooth root. He said if I get that tooth out and the massive jaw infection fixed, I could get my life back. (No other dentist ever told me any of this). Not certain what to believe at this point. My regular dentist was vague, glossed over why there may be an issue and said it may be a jaw "cyst."

The dentist who did this (at a dental school) should have informed me. Three years of my life, destruction of my jaw bone and coming to doubt myself? I feel I deserve an apology...
I still paid over a thousand dollars, even though I did go to a dental school to save money.

So, maybe some of the people in this thread are, in fact, dealing with some sort of hidden, chronic, low-lying infections(?)

...maybe there is some deep lingering infection somewhere in your neck from your surgery. Apparently, infections aren't always obvious or acute, especially when they are in the bone. The people who do the surgery don't always want to disclose any issues with the surgery, either. They are supposed to but do not always.

As for it being in the opposite side, I've been told the body works this way. The side I complain about most is my right neck. The jaw infection is on my left. A good naturopathic, holistic or integrative doc could maybe explain this better than myself. :) A regular doc may just look at you like you're crazy, (because they don't know).

I developed bilateral supraclavicular swelling after a MVA. I may have had it before the accident and never noticed it until the severe pain of whip lash. I have Non-Hodkin's lymphoma which is in remission (hopefully) but my oncologist does not seem to think the lumps are lymphoma. There is a tiny node on each size which he said could be a reactive lymph node and he was not concerned on my last visit. I am going for an office tomorrow and hope he feels the same as last time. Have any of you had whip lash and then noticed the swelling?

I have the exact symptoms for one year. I had a cervical spinal fusion and I thought the swelling was caused by wearing the neck brace. Doctor said it is not related to neck. Dr found a nodule on my thyroid while doing MRI for my neck. What is this? Did anyone get any answers? Thanks

Same with me! Left side but fusion incision is on my right. I heard this may be lymphoma. Any answers?

Geez this is crazy. Why don't any doctors read this site that can help us. Months for me. Back of Neck burns which I attribute to bad posture sitting at a desk all day, irritated throat, and fluctuating clavicle swelling left more that right. No other symptoms. Colleen

Also have swelling in the right supraclavicular region, a few night sweats, and muscle fatigue and achiness across collarbone and into neck muscles on both sides. Waiting on results from x-rays and blood work. Anyone get a diagnosis yet?

Right there with you. Hoping someone updates or replies.