I am getting swelling in the whole body including my hands, feet, legs, face, neck, abdomen (stomach blots) since december 2007. I am trying to find out a reason for that. hav gotall my blood tests done but doctors cudnt find anything. all are normal. i search on internet but cudnt find any specific reason. could it be because of any hormonal problem? my periods are normal and on time. Lately i hav put on quite some weight. can it be the reason? i am trying to notice when i get the swelling. It seems like when my body is very tired or if i have any mental stress i get the swelling. but nothing is sure. it makes me frustrated and depressed to see my self swollen. my face, my hands, fingers look horribly fat. what should i do??

I have also been VERY swollen lately. I'm mostly swelling in my hands, feet, belly, and breasts (I'm not pregnant and have regular periods as well). All my clothes fit a couple of weeks ago and now I can't button my pants. My breasts have been very sore and heavy for longer than usual in the last 2 months. The tops of my hands and feet are painful, swollen and itchy. All these symptoms have occurred in the last 2 months. Has anyone else experienced these symptoms? They seem very broad and unlinked. I want to narrow it down before I visit a doctor.

hi julia
my mother has same problem as you pls let me know if u find any solution of thisproblem u can contact meplzzz contact me i m very much worried plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I woke up super early because I was extremely uncomfortable... and looked In the mirror when I went to the bathroom- my entire face, neck, stomach, hands-everything Is so swollen! I am very healthy, athletic, and thin, or so I thought, right now I look like a hindenburg blimp ready for lift off. I'm really stiff, cant sleep, It's not sodium, I am very well aware of my dietary habits etc. and drink my fluids, but I am terrified right now. Also, I'm feeling light headed and If I reach down to the ground, which I did to try and stretch out... like every morning- my right ear starts almost pulsing? I basically hear my heartbeat pulse in my ear for a few seconds, I'm not stressing myself out about this, I'm a really "strong minded" girl here, but If I can get any input from someone who may know whats going on, would be really great! I just hope I don't have some crazy thing wrong- or organs are shutting down, It's pretty bad. o.O

Same here I've been doing a lot of swelling that can't seem to be explained I have also been watching my dietery intake. My doctor prescribed Claritan for me and that really made a difference but I notice you have to take it on a regular. Often I feel as if I just had a stronger prescription of this Claritan I'd do even better. If I avoid coffee that also helps a lot and black tea early in the morning an hour before I eat makes me feel like a brand new woman. But if I don't follow a constant routine of it all I have to start all over again. Zantac also helps with the stomach swelling. I also take at least one asprin a day and drink plenty of water.

Not sure if anyone has figured out what is going on or not but I am having the same problems. I must have gained about 10 lbs in a couple of days and I watch what I eat. I do sit at a desk all day but I don't swell every day. It's strange I swell after my period and not before. It has been happening for a while now. I have tried everything (drinking more water, cutting down on salt, cutting down on breads and pastas) I have even taken water pills and nothing seems to work. It happens for about a week and them I am ok for about 3-5 then I swell up again. My face, legs, ankels, feet, hands, stomach everything. I can't wear my normal clothes when this happens because I look like I am about 4-5 months pregnant even though I'm not pregnant at all. So PLEASE, if anyone has found out why this is happening to you or have any suggestions as to how I can stop it let me know! To all of you others who are having the same problem, I feel your pain and I hope we can all figure something out. :-(

Like Julia i am also having swelling of whole body esp arms, hands, legs, neck, breasts since Last 1 year initially i took it as weight gain even though there is no major dietary changes. I am on medicine for epilepsy i.e. oxetol but the doctor says its not because of this. I am trying to find out a reason for that. hav gotall my blood tests done but doctors cudnt find anything. all are normal. i search on internet but cudnt find any specific reason. could it be because of any hormonal problem? my periods are normal and on time. Lately i hav put on quite some weight. can it be the reason? i am trying to notice when i get the swelling. It seems like when my body is very tired or if i have any mental stress i get the swelling. but nothing is sure. it makes me frustrated and depressed to see my self swollen. my face, my hands, fingers look horribly fat. what should i do??

Same problems here, doctor put me on a new water pill...said my kidneys werent draining in the middle just top and bottem. when i take the pill regularly im fine been off for moths and im swelled again. check your kidneys!

auntduci - how did they learn your kidneys weren't draining? I had this problem last week and went to an emergency clinic. They took blood tests and told me they thought it was lupus. My entire body swollen, chest pains even. Yet when blood tests came back, the Lupus test was fine. You could physically "SEE" my entire body was swollen, and I was in so much pain. This is happening to me monthly. If someone can give me help or advice, I'd appreciate it, as dr. just dismissed this as normal.

Hi, The doctor just said it, no test nothing. went to a kidney doctor and he dismissed me saying everyone swells. Well i swell till i am deformed. I too was tested for lupus and it came back ok. I was at the chiropractor and when they just tested my back(no pushing involved) i instantly swelled up and pain everywhere, even the gland in my neck swelled up. They asked me if i had fibromylagia(spelling) So i made an appt for my primary doc cuz something has to give, i have no quality of life, if its not my kidneys, lupus,whatever then what is it? i can tolerate pain and i have but its hindering my everyday life. I also am so tired and sleepy all the time, i can fall asleep anytime anywhere, and i do! they prescribed me provigil and i slept even more! If you get an answer please post, and ill do the same! I do have a lazy thyroid BUT im on meds and its level now, so why am i still tired?

I have gained so much weight, and they say that contributes to it but i have had the same symptoms when i was 100 pounds smaller! i exercise every day up to 4 hours when possible, i do all i can nothing has helped!

Any adivce will be greatly appreciated.

And that NEW water pill the doc put me on, well the kidney doctor said to get off of it or i will have kidney problems!

Hi, quick update. I have a sleep study set for this saturday and the end of the month. but my doctor diagnosed me with fibromaylaiga, i know im spelling it wrong. so i dont know what happens from here. he gave me pain pills but im scared to take them cuz so many interactions with my other meds! ugh cant win!

I have had the same problems w/overall swelling for 20yrs > Since I was pregnant w/my daughter. I have had thyroid tests done, lupus, cancer,hormones, kidney,liver, etc etc but tests came out normal and the doctors never can figure out what is going on. I have had such swelling at times that my feet get so swollen that they look like bread loaves. I have had chest pains, shortnes of breath, dizziness, forgetfullness, horrible fatigue, depression etc. I finally found a nutritional product that worked for me but I couldn't keep up on it because it was so expensive. When I was on it I felt so much better. Have been off for 2 yrs now and back to fatigued and fat and puffy all the time. I know excersise helps and I do force myself to at least walk but not near enough because I get so fatigued I feel I cant even catch my breath walking across the room. I am overweight but still fairly active. If  I could get over the fatigue and swelling I could work out more. I just wonder if it is hormonal or thyroid but it's just not showing on the tests. I did have a hysterectomy 12yrs ago and they left one ovary so i'm wondering now if I am going through menopause. I just know if I get overtired or am on my feet too long the swelling comes back.. If anyone has any suggestions please respond. Thanks

I havent found anything to help me, i have had all the tests too, watch the foods, exercise daily, on the sleep machine, nothing is working.

julia84 wrote:

Sir,

Quickly reply to this post

Thank You