I have been masturbating more frequently than usual and have been prolonging these sessions for much longer than I normally would, but have begun to experience some discomfort.

When flaccid, my foreskin normally covers the head of my penis with some to spare. Although this is still the case, the area at the top of my foreskin is quite swollen and looks puffy. Further down along the shaft, the foreskin looks and feels normal. It is difficult, but not particularly painful, to retract the foreskin because of the puffiness.

When erect my foreskin always retracts. There is some minor pain and the foreskin looks a little swollen but it doesn't really inhibit my erection, other than feeling quite tight around the swollen area.

Does anyone know if there is something specifically wrong and how long I should refrain from masturbation for? It won't be impossible to stop masturbating, but I'm 17, so it might be difficult not to get an erection, but I don't want to exacerbate the problem. I'm hoping I haven't caused any serious damage.

Thank you for your time.

P.S - It's important to say that I am not sexually active and so run no risk of STDs.

Masturbation definitely can cause this problem. Masturbation is actually quite irritating to the penis, so doing it too much or too hard can make it swollen.

You should stop masturbating until the pain and the inflammation go away. You also want to cut down and go easy when you start up again.

Masturbating is normal and healthy. But doing it in excess can cause problems.I was put on an anti=depression medicine,and told me it may effect getting aroused. I had noo problem getting erect, it stopped me being able to ejaculate or finish. I tried for close to an hour one time, and got what was a water blister. It worried me at first, but I waited and it went back to normal, and I was put on a different ant-depessant that didn't cause this problem.cut backk for a week or so and it should go down on its own, it's like getting one on your hand when you work hard to hard.It sounds like yours happened more around the fore skin than on the side.If you leave it alone and it doesn't go down, see your dr.

When one masturbates for a long time, the foreskin can be come edematous, which means only that fluid has accumulated in the tissue. This is a harmless condition. It usually goes back to normal in 24 hours.

Let it rest for 24 hours before you go back to masturbating.

This is very common with too much or prolonged masturbation--especially if you do so repeatedly in a short time. The increased girth that results is quite impressive, but feels tighter than normal and climax may be harder to reach. The swelling will usually go away within a day. A cold shower will often help.

Yeah, the increased girth is quite impressive! Is there no way to somehow keep it? Minus the painful forskin