Last night it was immediate, it was hard to swollow, it scared me. When I got up my right side of throat is very sore, my right ear is painful and under my right armpit is swollen. What could this be. I did have some chicken wings last night.
2 days prior to this I was sick to my stomach, weak and nauseas.

Have you found the answer yet? That very thing just happened to me today and it scared the heck out of me, too!

yeah ive woken up with that i had it at the same time as my brother and a close cousin. this may sound weird but i drank orange juice, it didnt taste right because of my throat but the slimy juice stuck to my throat and made it easier to swallow! ive got a similar thing but i cant remember if it could be the same... %-)

I'm no doctor by any means but my boyfriend just had something very similar a couple weeks ago. He had a lump grow almost over night on his foot and his groin area and his armpits were very sore. It was also accompanied by a high temperature. It turns out he had a lymph infection and the Dr. treated it with antibiotics. He was better within a couple of days.