I'm transgender, so not actually female, but it works about the same.

So basically when I masturbate, it takes me hours to reach orgasm. I don't masturbate too often for this reason; today it took me a grand total of five hours to come, and my record time is two hours. 

Is this normal? Because it seems a bit excessive, especially when I have to masturbate until three in the morning to finish, which in the end just isn't worth it. 

I only stimulate the clitoris because vaginal penetration does absolutely nothing for me, and on top of that it just plain makes me uncomfortable (see: transgender). So: am I doing something wrong? Should I invest in some sort of toy? Or am I just going to have to live with this?

One reason I would think that it might take so long to reach orgasm for you versus a 'born' female is that during the surgery for the transgendering (sorry not sure of the proper term) would be the nerves either are still growing back or are 'dead' nerves.  Remember lubrication sometimes increases the feeling and do use any sort of toys as well?  A vibrator for the clitoris is absolutely amazing if you have never tried, do.  Another thought: just a thought though, being a male before and one erogenous zone for men is in between the penis and anus, try that spot again, maybe you will get better luck there?  At least give it a try.  This is just my humble opinion and I hope it can help

Thank you for your reply!
Aw yeah, I forgot to mention that I'm pre-everything, so it's just like it would be for a lady. I think I'll invest in a toy and see if that helps.
Until then, I'm open to any other opinions.

What I did for sex toys cuz they are pricey is either Groupon or DealFind has good deals on those. You don't need a super expensive one just one that does the job. Mine is named Blue, never thought I'd name something like that but here I am and did it. Can I ask how long ago was your surgery?

You might want to also try good old fashion lips and tongue, that works wonders. Oral pleasure cannot be forgotten.

Never had surgery, and I don't reckon I ever will because the outcome is pretty unsatisfactory. Think two-inch willy, at best. It's unfortunate, but something I'm going to have to live with.
And I'll definitely check one of those sites for a good deal, since I'm dead broke (testosterone can be really expensive for someone with a minimum-wage job).
As for the lips/tongue deal -- what do you mean?