I am needing test strips but do I get them on a repeat prescription?  Do I have to call the doctor every time I need them?  I am just curious because I am almost out of my test strips now.  What am I suppose to do to get more? 

Most generally a person would get an ongoing prescription of test strips, just like any other prescription.  This would make it easier for the patient to get the filled in a timely manner.  You do not need to, therefore, to contact the doctor about filling them each month.  Your pharmacist or chemist should be able to tell you how many refills you have left on your test strip prescription. You can check on your bottle or the box it comes in to see that it lists the number of refills for your test strips.  When it comes time to renew the prescription, you will need to call your doctor or the pharmacy will call and renew for you.  You may have to go to the doctor for your yearly appointment by that time, and your doctor will send the script for the test strips over the the pharmacy automatically.

Yeah, you should get your testing strips with a prescription and get them monthly.  I have been getting testing strips for over 5 years now so I know that you need to get them filled every month or however often you need them.  I use mine up pretty quickly, as 50 test strips can go fast if you think about it.  I used them four times a day so that last a little over 10 days for me.  How often do you take yours?  I think you should be ok … just go to the pharmacy and ask for a refill on your test strips and you will get them with no problem.