Hi, I would like to have a healthy colored skin, but that is impossible because I am naturally light and even pale. A friend advised me to use tinted moisturizer, but I am 18 years old, and I don’t want to damage my skin. Will tinted moisturizer do any harm to my skin?

Hi, I started using make up when I was very young. I was embarrassed because I had acnes, so I had to cover them. How I wish I was smarter! Now I’m 25, and my pores are much more opened than they should be. My skin looks like I’m at least 30 years old. I don’t say that all tinted moisturizers are bad. The expensive ones are probably safe for your skin, but the question is can you afford them. For example, Laura Mercier's Tinted Moisturizer is about 40$, Lauren Hutton is 30$. I think it is better to use them only in special occasions, because your acne will disappear in few years, and you will be glad that you saved your skin. Beside that, many girls are not aware that tinted moisturizer sometimes only emphasizes defaults instead of hiding them.