I want to shed a few pounds and improve my health. I can’t go out during winter and I hate the idea to wait until spring to start doing something for myself. So I have decided to look for my indoor options. What do you think is better; treadmill or eliptical machine?

Good thinking. Why waiting for spring to start exercising when you can be at least half a way to your desired body by then? Many people train indoors during winter so why shouldn’t you? My money is on treadmill side. It is much better piece of equipment and can provide various degree of intensity.

Well, it is a tough call, they are both good machines, both effective for increasing the amount of calories burned and for producing cardio respiratory health and training benefits.

Your choice depends on what your goals are.

For a dedicated runner, treadmills provide a better training experience than an elliptical trainer.

However, the elliptical trainers has the ability to add variety to your aerobic workout and since there is no impact on the ground, it saves your joints in the lower body from any abuse.

Treadmill is good and we have to follow simple precautions to practice on it.Better to take an advice from experts before starting.

I feel the elliptical would be a more intense workout.