Hello, I am a 42 year-old mother of two. At the age of 36 I got divorced and haven’t been in a relationship ever since until now. I put my ming to raising children and now as they are almost grown up, I feel as if I am ready to go own with my own life. I met my boyfriend 6 months ago and we fell madly in love. The children also liked him instantly and he moved in with us three weeks ago. Last night we talked about having a child together. He has no children from his previous marriage, and he is excited about all of this, and so am I but I am also very concerned because I know that my body has changed, there are less eggs, and it is not so healthy for both me and my baby. However, I want this more than anything. Any advice about this? Thank you

Hi there! My sister gave birth to her last child at the age of 41. She got pregnant by accident and they decided to keep the baby. She was also very frightened about the baby’s health, something about genetics and chromosomes, but with the existing technology today, you have nothing to worry about. Doctors can usually detect abnormalities, so that you can act in time if things go wrong. My sister is fine, the baby is fine, and nothing went wrong. I hope it turns like this for you too. Good luck!