I don’t know do I need doula. I am in panic little, this is my first baby and I am confused. My husband is never around. I think maybe using a doula would be good idea? What do you suggest?

I know how you feel. This is a stressful time for both mother and partner. I know how I was worried not to make mistake. I think using doula is a good idea. A doula helps to care for and support the mother by giving suggestions, providing encouragement or ensuring partners are taking care of themselves (food, rest washroom breaks).If you are in a hospital, nurses can’t be with you at every moment with the number of patients in their care that is why doula is a good option. She may also be able to act as an advocate for the parent wishes, an educator about labour and delivery and a liason with the medical staff.