i have been having numbness around the vaginal and rectal area. it feels weird when i wipe and while i'm sitting in a chair. sometimes it feels as if there is someting trapped in the rectum.

I just came across your post, although it was quite a while ago that you added it. I am also having the same feelings of numbness around my vaginal area and rectum. I have the exact same symptoms you mentinoed. Did you ever receive a diagnosis or treatment?

I have the same exact issue, started during late pregnancy. But he was a small baby. an MRI showed nothing abnormal. Its been 4 years and its getting worse, slowly but surely

I am having the same problem since a vaginal hysterectomy in May 2007...I also developed IBS Syndrome after the hysterectomy and I also have spina bifida/scoliosis and figured the numbness was having to do with those previous conditions...but reading this now I am more inclined to believe it is a result of the hysterectomy or my age...I'm 41 now...my doctor suggested I have my hormone levels checked next time I have blood work. I described not just the numbness but also on the inside of the vaginal area I feel irritation like soap that can't be rinsed off and my doctor said that is lack of estrogen...so not sure...sounds like a lot of variables here but I'm glad to read other women having the same problems I was afraid my scoliosis was declining with age and I am always fearful of becoming paralyzed by it. Its really frustrating for me because prior to the surgery I had great sensation in that area...so maybe its also nerve damage from the surgery but why effecting the rectum area is puzzling to me.

I have the same exact syptoms as "emerald" described. Has anyone come across an explanation/diagnosis for this? Thanks!

rectocele ! caused from childbirth or trauma

Hello everyone,

I don't know if you all have gotten a solution to you issue as of yet, but just to let you know I as well went through the same thing. I didn't go to the Doctor, (timing issue) what I did was exercise my butt cheeks; I know it sounds weird but it did help, I also have heated seats in my car, so I would turn that on in the mornings; I have MS, so I didn't know if it was a flair up or not but when my legs and fingers use to go numb, I was referred to physical therapy, so why not exercise those cheeks, and do swats as well. I hope this helps, good luck to everyone. Now if I can get over this cold I'll be okay :$ 

SAME PROBLEM, BUT I CAN'T FEEL WHEN I AM HAVING A BOWL MOVEMENT WHILE SITTING ON TOILET, I HAVE TO LOOK TO SEE IF I HAD. THIS JUST A RECENT PROBLEM WITH ME, GUESS I NEED TO GET A COLONOSCOPY AGAIN, I HAD PULPS 2 YEARS AGO REMOVED. I AM ALSO A DIBETIC SO IT COULD BE THAT AND I HAVE SPIE PROBLEMS AND NEED INJECTIONS EVERY SIX MONTHS.

Ok so a few of us has got this but what causes it and what treatment?

I am having these same issues you described . Any insight you can share ?

Anyone got a reason for this yet? It's such an awful feeling

You need to get checked for cauda equina, a condition that causes numbness in the "saddle area." It is usually an emergency situation that requires emergency surgery but it can also be slow onset over the course of time. Numbness in one or both legs and feet are also part of cauda equina. All the best is hoped for you.

If you have any sort of back issues, like stenosis of the spine, and numbness in your legs and feet or the "saddle area," you may have cauda equina. Please see my reply to Guest. It is a serious condition that requires an examination from a qualified doctor who can diagnose the condition.

I when to the hospital yesterfay for a chromic sciatic pain.they gave me medicine the after 3 hrs i felt numbness in mu buty and vagina area

Oh my goodness same here