MY GIRLFRIEND HAS SOME SORT OF A PROBLEM. SHE EXPERIENCES VAGINAL NUMBNESS DURING INTERCOUSE. SHE HAS NO PROBLEM WITH LUBRICATION AT ALL. I AM WONDERING HOW COMMON IS THIS AND WHAT COULD BE A GOOD SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM?

Contrary to your smart remark, this is a very serious problem. It is probably caused by antibiotics or other drugs killing off the good bacteria in the vagina. Question is, how can one restore the good bacteria? No, we do not need another stupid comment. We need a genuine answer.

I have a similar problem as this but where I can be stimulated in all other areas but as for inside I wouldn't say I am numb but arousal is not possible even when rubbing the g-spot. I question if this is:

1. a result of tension, being nervous, stress, unfocused..... basically physcological reasons, or
2. nerve damage.

Now I am not on any antibiotics so I feel that can't equate to the reason numbness in that area is occurring.

I have visited my doctor and the only question they could ask was: Was I sexually abused at a young age?

My answer being: No.

You are right it is a serious problem and leads to extrem frustration and feeling not inadequate but rather physically impaired/disabled..... just basically not normal.

If you find the reason why this occurs I'd like to know.

I have vaginal numbness during intercourse. That includes my g-spot. I can feel all other areas briefly, but then they go numb as well. This has been going on for months now and I try a couple times a week sometimes and I will be 29 years old next month. I also have headaches everyday that sometimes turns into migraines. This has been going on for 6 months. I take medicines for ADHD, Depression, Bipolar, and Insomnia. I have been on medicines for almost 8 years now. The names of them are Concerta, Abilify, Wellbutrin XL, and Klonopin. I have only taken my Concerta in the past week and Klonopin when I'm not sleepy by 9 P.M. I now take Maxalt for headaches, but not everyday. Sometimes I just suffer with the headaches. What could be wrong with me?

treefrogs28 wrote:

What could be wrong with me?

Do you mean apart from the plethora of drugs?

Did the same doctor prescribe all of those meds?

I too am suffering from numbness in that area. I can't even pleasure my self due to the numbness. I not only have numbness there but other areas of my body....in my arms and often my legs, face, and serious lower back pain. I am undergoing several test. Hopefully we resolve it. Because amongst everything else. I miss the intimacy with my husband.

I'm so sorry if this sounds insensitive but YOU DONT KNOW HOW GLAD I AM THAT I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE EXPERIENCING THIS!!! I've had vaginal numbness since my sexual experiences started! I was first (pardon the word) "fingered" when i was 16, and i was thinking "am i supposed to be feeling something here?!?! Anyway, i didn't say anything to anyone as i thought it was normal. Then i first had sex when i was 17 and again no feeling what-so-ever. I have feelings around the outside of my vagina and my clitoros is very sensitve. But when i have penetrative sex, it just feels like a thudding inside me. My friends kept going on about how they had these amazing orgasms and i just sort of went along with it saying that i had them too because, well.......i just felt like a freak and still do!! I've never ever told anyone about this and its come to a really awkward and upsetting point for me. I'm in relationship with the most amazing man for 3 years. we have a 7 month old daughter and i love them both to death. Now, i have never told him about my vaginal numbness. Dont get me wrong, i dont fake orgasms. He can always make me orgasm through oral sex. I've told him before that i find it "difficult" to orgasm through penetrative sex. I also told him before that he's managed to make me orgasm once through penetrative sex, which he hasn't! I dont know why i said it. I know it was stupid but i just didn't want him to think i'm weird! Anyway, last night i'd completely forgot that i told him that before and i said i've never orgasmed through sex. He picked me up on it and is not happy and i dont blame him! I tried to make out that he misheard me but it was no use. He now feels that i've lied to him every time that he's actually made me orgasm! Oh its such a mess and i'm terrified i'm going to lose him. Now, i've to tell him tonight that i've never had any feeling and i just dont want him to leave me because he might think i'm abnormal.
This has plagued me in every relationship. I would tell my past partners that i find it very very difficult to orgasm through sex and they would just pummel me over and over again because they "didn't feel like a man" unless they made me cum. Obviously, it'd never happen so then they felt inadaquate and called me all names under the sun and the relationship would die.
My current partner is not like that. He takes great time in pleasuring in the only way i'm able to be.
I'm just so scared that i've ruined everything.
Can anything cure this?!?!?
Sorry to go on!!!

I am so glad 2 hear that other women hav the same problem. i'm 20 years old and I have the same thing I just feel nothing but the pressure and that some thing is inside me. but its not just during penetrative sex its sexual contact even if i touch myself. i rarely even get turned on but i think cos my sexual experiences have only been with 1 person i now just expect dissapointment as it has been from the beginning. i also did think initially oh it must be him hes too small etc. etc. but nothin works, in the 3 and half years iv been havin sex of any type i have felt nothin. id just love 2 feel some thing i am so jealous of friends and their sex lives and orgasms. has anyone got any ideas???

sorry me again. i have been thinkin about this now, i suffer from very cold feet that often go blue as do my legs which once cold are hard 2 get warm agen, now this is obviously a blood flow issue could this be a possible cause? wat does anyone else think?

yes i have the same problem, and yes my hands and feet are always really cold and sometimes go blue. i was born with a heart condition and although i am fine now, i put the circulation down to that. we have enough sufferers but now we need an answer x

My gf has similar problems (mainly internal vaginal numbness) as you have described above, and we have been trying to solve this problem for quite some time and to not much avail. But I am currently attending a University studying health care management and have been studying the symptoms Multiple Sclerosis (MS) in one of my classes. At first it was of no special interest until my professor outlined various early warning signs, which help diagnose the disease before it is untreatable.
MS a very serious neurological disorder that is most common in caucasion females, typically of ages 20-50 years old. Also it is more common in those living further from the equator. The Most Common symptom is Numbness in the body (including vagina) and often the first experienced by those later diagnosed. other sexual symptoms included a decreased sex drive, vaginal dryness, loss of libido (interest in sex), difficulty having orgasms, reduced sensation in the vaginal area, occaisonal exaggerated sensitivity of vagina and fatigue. This disease affects approximately 1/750 of the world population with over 2 million people clinically diagnosed at this time. If identified early there are numerous treatments available that can slow its development and even cure it. If left untreated it can lead to complete loss of motor functions (paralysis) and substational brain damage.
There is a high chance this is not the cause of any of your problems but don't ignore it and possible treatments can help bring back sensations. I really hope some of this information helped

Wow, I hadn't figure dthat it would be MS and I don't think it would be in all cases but it is worth investigating. Thanks for the insight.

I'm the same way. I'm 20yrs old and have yet to feel any pleasure from any sort of stimulation. I hate it because I don't have a problem getting aroused to include becoming wet but when it's time for intercourse, nothing. When I lost my virginity at 17 I kept waiting for the pleasure...which never came. Afterward I was confused but chalked it up to nerves. Later on in life I noticed the pleasure never came, not even with self-stimulation. I can feel it go inside and move around but it's the equivilent of poking my elbow, it's just there. I've always been ashamed of my problem so I never told anybody in fear of being named, laughed at and left out. I've faked orgasms and stories of great lovers all the while completely jealous of the real ones everyone else gets to tell. I've since stopped having sex because now it's a waste of time to me and with my previous encounters I would tell the guy not to worry about me and just do what feels good to him. Now I'm with the most incredible man in the world. He makes me happy in every way possible and it makes me cry from both sorrow and anger to know that I will never actually be able to truley make love to him. I think I've lived with this long enough and am ready to know what it really feels like to be intimate. If theres any kind of treatment, cure, clinical trial, etc. I'm 100% interested. I'm willing to try just about anything right now.

p.s. Sorry So Long

Don't worry about the post being so long. It sounds like you may have some sort of nerve damage or something if you aren't feeling something. Do you try stimulating yourself at all?

Does anyone have an answer for this please any info would be great i want to feel what others talk about :$