Hi guys.

I have some friends that are following Reverse diet. Sometimes when we are in a bar two of them start talking about that diet and that can last for days. They told me that the diet is made by Tricia Cunningham and it is not as strict as any other diet. You must just pay attention to slowly increase your daily calorie intake.

My cousin (who is a bodybuilder) has just finished some restrictive diet and he is in a perfect shape right now but he also told me that he will start with Reverse diet. I don’t understand why because he doesn’t need any diet in my opinion. Anyway, do you know is Reverse diet suitable for athletes and bodybuilders like him?

Hello Mad_Hatter. I see you don’t know much about the Reverse diet. Tricia Cunningham originally created this diet for the athletes and professional sportists. Because athletes are constantly following some kind of diet plan, when they finish with their diets and start eating like they did before, they gain weight. That is because their metabolism is used to “diet” meals and it is shocked when they start eating ordinary. I think that’s the reason your brother wants to follow Reverse diet. It is a connection between diets and ordinary eating habits. By slowly increasing calorie intake you give your metabolism time to get used to the “new way” of eating.

You are right Sam I_Am. That is the reason my cousin wants to start following the Reverse diet. After I read your post I asked him to explain me why he wants to follow the Reverse diet now. He told me that he was on a very restrictive diet program and now he can’t just start eating ordinary. In that case his body would not be able to process those extra calories and he would gain pounds and ruin his perfect shape. The Reverse diet will help him to slowly make his calorie intakes higher until he starts eating like he did before. Thank you for your post.