Hello. I had some problems with obesity. I only had a few extra pounds at first. But then the thing got out of control. I gained 40 pounds in a month. I got stretch marks all over my breasts and my buns. Luckily, I bough some cream right away so they are less visible now after I treated them every day. I decided to start a diet plan, and I did in January. It was a very strict plan, my calorie intake was extremely low ( now that I know how it’s like, I wouldn’t recommend a low calorie diet to anybody). But I achieved losing 60 pounds since then. Now I am planning to stop with the diet and people keep suggesting me a reverse diet. Could anybody explain to me what exactly are the health benefits of this diet?

Health benefits of reverse diet  are numerous.

You usually decide to follow this diet after a long, low-calorie diet for weight loss, in order to bring both your calories and your strength back up to a healthy and sustainable level.  Reverse diet can also be followed if you want to increase your metabolic capacity and also to stretch the ability to intake calories while holding at a maintenance weight.

The most obvious health benefit of this diet is that it gives you the ability to avoid the post-diet weight regain.

And by increasing the number of it, this diet gives your metabolism time and ability to catch up with surplus calories. 

I never followed this diet since I never achieved losing that many pounds at once. But I have a friend who followed some diet program for three months and he lost about 58 pounds. He found out about the Reverse diet and he decide to try it. The results were ok. He says it really helped him in many ways.

One of the most important health benefits of this diet is the psychological benefit. By following this diet you are less likely to encounter rapid weight gain which is often followed by depression and body dissatisfaction. This diet also prevents potential metabolic damage.

Thank you all for your responses. I had no idea about the psychological benefit that this diet has. I probably won’t need it since I am not the kind of person that gets easily depressed, but nevertheless, it is good to know.

I can’t wait to finish with all of these diets so I can stop thinking about it and just eat whatever I want.

Do you have any idea for how long does this diet last? I wonder do I need to start with it immediately when I finish my diet or I can start after a few days .