hello, I was wondering how long did you had a pain and oozing after removing a wisdom tooth? I did this procedure three days ago and I still feel it. I know that it is normal to feel some pain for some time, but I don't know when I should start to "freak out" about this. I was talking to my husband and he told me that this is normal and that I should wait for a couple of more days to see will this go away or not. So, I want to know what do you guys think, especially you guys who had an experience with it. Is it too early to call a doctor? 

Yes, it is early because those symptoms or let's just say - side effects of the surgery are something that can last for three days. If the wound is bigger, if the wound is sensible, the bigger chances are for bleeding issues. So, I am wondering, do you see that bleeding now?  If you do, you should see your doctor, to let him check this wound and to see what is the problem. Maybe he will change the therapy for you, maybe he will do something else. It is important that you follow your doctor's instructions - because the aftercare is really, really important. 

Yes, I agree that it is early after three days, but since it has been 23 days when this person posted this topic, I am wondering what has happened? When this happens for 6-7 days then you should be concerned and call your doctor, because it is not rare for an Infection after wisdom tooth removal to happen. Generally, when you have this problem, this is not something that is uncommon. But you should observe every day, is this pain slighter or not. Sometimes it takes a lot of time for a certain person to recover, while some people just don't feel this recovery process at all. I wish I was one of those. 

Celebrity

Good day there.

I see that wisdom tooth issue is a really common problem so far. I want through this, so I can tell you my experience. No one is mentioning an activity after surgery, because you should know that every activity should be couch or bed rest for the first day. So, if you are doing things like bending, lifting, or strenuous activity, for sure it will result in increased bleeding, swelling, oozing, and pain. You should be careful even when you are getting up from the lying position because this all can affect you. A lot of people do blame on their doctors, but actually, a patient is responsible for his condition. 

Hi there.
Don't get me wrong, I really don't think that you should panic a lot, but it seems to me that you are dealing with an infection in the place where the wisdom tooth was. I also had this, all of those symptoms when I removed my tooth two months ago, and I know the feeling. I can say that I was thinking that I did everything OK about this, but I didn't. I didn't use antiseptic water to wash out my mouth after every meal. Beside those symptoms, I had a fever, which is a reliable sign of infection after a wisdom tooth extraction. As you already know, body temperature is rising when something is wrong with your body.

Good day guys. I am so glad that I have found this site. I have similar problems, but I don't know what to do since I am on the business trip and I am home for 8 days. I had this tooth removal almost 7 days ago, and I know that I should stay still, but it is about the promotion, so I needed to go to this trip. Anyway, it was all good after 7 days, it was all OK when I went to a plane, but as soon as I checked to a hotel, this started to hurt a lot. I can see swelling as well and my cheek is doubled. I have an important meeting tomorrow so I don't know what to do? What I did wrong?

Celebrity

Look, the main point is that you should know that it is never too late to call your doctor. Or too early. If you are scared, I really don't see why you wouldn't go to see him. I know myself, I would go after a day, I don't care. The most important is your health, it comes first. Sometimes, it is totally normal that you feel pain, even 7 days after, it is nothing unusual. So, generally, I have to say that I disagree with those who are saying that it is early - it is not. You should not tolerate any type of pain. If a doctor tells you that it will go away, seek for antibiotics, painkillers. 

Hello there.
Yes, it is early. I went after four days to see my dentist and he told me that this is a bit early and that I should wait for up to three days more to see what is going to happen. So, really after three days I was way better. Generally, the time for recovery process depends on so many different factors. But sure, you can do some things in order to speed up this whole process. For example, you should never let your mouth to be dry. Also, massage your masseter on the both sides. Drink cold water, but it would be much better if you have this cold coconut ice water. Those are some advices that can help you. Good luck!