help guys, I have a prom night for two weeks and I have really serious issues with a wisdom tooth. it is really painful and I don't know what to do. of course, removing wisdom tooth now, when I have my prom is not an option. I want to go to my prom, I want to wear a dress, makeup and heels but I don't know what to do right now because I am in huge pain. I was wondering can you tell me what can I do at home to soothe the pain from painful wisdom tooth? any good and successfully home treatments? please, help me! 

I was wondering what has happened to you? Because it is a little bit immature to wait for something to pass to do something about your health. Do you know what you can do to yourself? Do you want to cause more chances for an Infection after wisdom tooth removal?  

I think that you are dealing with an inflammation, and of course, no procedure can be done under the inflammation. That is why you need to go to your dentist and ask him for pills or antibiotics to help you chase this inflammation away and then he can do the procedure that needs to be done. 

I see, but during that time, while you are waiting for your prom, you can only make the things even worse. Sure, there are some remedies that can help your sooth the pain, but you need to know that those remedies WON'T chase away the pain. For example, salt warm water is always a good idea. You can always put some ice on the painful wisdom tooth. Onion is also a good remedy and a cucumber slice as well. You can try some of those and I hope that wisdom tooth won't affect your prom for a couple of days, right? Good luck! 

Celebrity

Don't you ever put your silly interests before your health, because you can make it only worse.  Sure, there are some ways to treat and to soothe a pain from the painful wisdom tooth, but you can't know better than your oral dentist what is the best for you. Generally, whenever I have problems with my tooth, I use one old, over the counter medication - Ibuprofen. This is one of the best pain relief medication that helps reduce inflammation. It can help you get rid of the discomfort, but it can also reduce the inflammation of the gums associated with wisdom teeth development. So, in your case, you can use it, but no alcohol! 

Hi there.
Three times I did it, so it worked for me. It doesn't have to mean that this tooth needs to go out immediately, at least, not in my case. The root was problematic and the tooth wanted to go out, but like there was no chance for it. Anyway, the thing that helped me three times were benzocaine. Yes, and you can find it almost anywhere. So, you need to know that you will get the best results if you use a cloth to dry the area before adding the gel. Apply as needed throughout the day and pain in most of the cases will go away like you have a magic wand. Trust me :)

Hello guys. So, happy 4th of July to everyone who are celebrating. I am not celebrating lol, because I am in a huge pain. It seems that my wisdom tooth got inflamed and I was doing almost everything that you wrote in here, but guess what - nothing helps me. So, I am a little bit desperate since my dentist is away and he can't help me. Also, another dentists can't help me since they are celebrating this holiday with their families. But it seems to me that I am getting worse hour by hour and I don't know what to do, except all of those advice that you gave me and they are not helpful. Any other recommendation, because I think that I won't be able to wait for two days more...

Celebrity

Happy holidays dear guest. I am sorry to hear this, it must be really hard to handle this at this moment. I just can't believe that any painkillers won't help you. Here is some other advice that might help you. I hope that you have a coconut oil in your home because you will need one spoon of the coconut oil. 

Here is what you can do with it - take a spoon and swish it in your mouth for about 20 minutes. After this, spit it out and of course, rinse your mouth with warm water. You should do it once a day until your dentist is back. Good luck! 

Hello guys.
One thing really helped me, but I have to admit that I was laughing when my sister told me about this. So, don' laugh to me, please. OK, you will need one of those really tasty groceries - a peanut butter.
So, take a little pennant butter - I took it on my finger and I applied it gently on the affected area, affected tooth. Peanut butter needs to be organic to see some effect about this. You must do this a couple of times daily because the saliva in your mouth will keep clearing the peanut butter. So, it helped me, I was ok after a three days, but anyway - after one month this tooth needed to go out.