Hello everyone.

Have any of you ever heard of ideal protein diet?

My cousin is very interested in this diet and she is planning to start following it for a while now. She never wanted to try any diet programs but I succeeded to convince her to try this one.She is sooo beautiful and also very young, it just bothers me to see all those extra pounds on her.

I have heard that this diet consist four phases and I gave my best to inform her about the food that she can enjoy while she follows this diet. She now asked me to find out for her is there any food she will have to avoid. Can someone help me out with this one?

Hi Mellisa8

You are right, the ideal protein diet program consist 4 phases and different foods are forbidden for each one. I don’t know what foods are forbidden for every phase but I can tell you for the first one.

You should definitely avoid alcohol because it is highly forbidden while in the first phase of the diet. The reason is very simple. You see, in the first phase your body comes to metabolic state called ketosis. During ketosis, your liver is busy converting the fatty acids being released from your fat cells into ketones that can be burned by your body for energy.. Alcohol is a toxic substance. Your liver immediately focuses on removing it from your body and puts other things on hold – such as creating the glucose your brain and other organs need.

Hello. First of all, don’t panic. A lot of nice foods are allowed. And there are so many  foods that aren’t forbidden but restricted. Yeah, it’s not the same. Alcohol is strictly forbidden,  so don’t even think of getting  a glass of beer. On the other hand, you are allowed one restricted food per day, or seven per week. Restricted foods have higher carbs, that is the reason why their intake must be limited.

So if you eat more than one restricted food per one day, your carbohydrate intake will be very high and you won’t be able to go into ketosis, or maintain it.

Oh my God. Too late, she is already panicking. I just messaged her your answers.

No alcohol at all? What is she suppose to drink at parties? And her birthday is coming up .

Maybe this is not the right diet for her after all. It sounds very strict doesn’t it? Or is it just us? :/ Maybe we are too spoiled.

Can you tell me something more about those restricted foods? Any information would be useful. First of all, she would like to know which foods are classified as those restricted foods that you mentioned. Thank you, everyone, I appreciate all the information that I can get.

I knew you are going to freak out when you read that alcohol is forbidden.:)

Everybody does. And that is exactly what happened to me when I was planning to start with this diet. I cannot imagine a weekend without beer.:) Back then, I got like a ton of information about all the rules and I was like- No, I am not doing this. But tell her it is not that hard.

Restricted foods are all bars (chocolate bars usually), all soy puffs, chili, oatmeal, pancakes, alltypes of soy nuts, muffins, salt and vinegar ridges. You are permitted spaghetti, but the maximum is 2 times per week.

Ok, now you are thinking she is probably alcoholic. She is not, and neither am I.:D

We are just used to drink alcohol during any sorts of celebrations, weddings, anniversaries…weekends.:) We celebrate every weekend.:)

I told her that there are plenty of non- restricted foods that are very tasteful. And that the restricted ones are not completely forbidden, just limited to a certain amount. I will tell her later that this implies one per day.

She will of course try to focus on eating  non- restricted foods more often  in order to reach her goal by staying in ketosis.

Thank you guys a lot, you really helped.