I heard of spinning. Now I get to read about it all the time. Everybody has gone crazy about it. What can you tell me about spinning? I understand that it is a sort of a class…with bikes or something like that? What would be your recommendations for spinning bikes?

You have got it right. It is a group of stationary bikes arranged in such way that everyone can see the instructor on his bike. He is leading the class through the 45 minute workout giving instructions as to when to sprint, when to slow down or add resistance, etc. It is the closest thing that resembles real bike. They have paid a lot of attention to the details. Thus you can adjust your seat not only up and down but forward and backward. Also you can position handle bars in a way that is a replica of your position on the real bike. My recommendation would be to pay attention when you want to stop spinning. You can’t stop the flywheel immediately. Since it takes a while for something with that kind of mass to lose momentum and slow down you won’t be able to stop pedaling right away. Be prepared for this.