I believe that I have folliculitis. I shave my pubic area and am in spandex almost every day. I have noticed that the bumps get worse the longer I go without shaving. Is this a sign of folliculitis? Is there anything I can do? At what point should I see a doctor?

did you have any signs and symptoms of folliculitis that can tell you that you do have this issue? when it comes to shaving, generally you should know that folliculitis can actually occur anywhere on your skin. that means that folliculits can be caused by so many different factors and one of them is shaving and yes, it is most common. now if you have symptoms,  may be painful and shows a variety of symptoms, depending on the cause. Steps can be taken to treat and prevent folliculitis, but first, you need to see what type of this one you exactly have.