Hi, I am twenty eight years old and ten days ago I had an abortion. It was an unexpected pregnancy. I decided to have an abortion because I feel that I am not ready for a child yet. I think that I should first make a carrier and get married before I have a baby. I would like to continue with my normal life after the abortion. The doctor gave me advice about everything except my sex life. When is it safe for me to have an intercourse after the abortion?

Hi, for me abortion was a very stressful event. I am surprised with the way you are dealing with this situation. However, everyone has its own point of view on different situations in life, including abortion. The abortion is not as harmless as you would like it to be. The risks of infection aren't only on operation table. You have to be very careful for at least two weeks after you leave the hospital. Even simple everyday things like having a bath, jogging or having a glass of vine can pose a treat to your health. Even dough you think you are prepared to engage in intercourse, let me assure you that your body is not and that you wil have to wait at least four more days.

You should contact your doctor and ask when it is safe to return to your normal sex life. You wouldn't want to put yourself at risk simply because you can't wait.

I have a question though. Personally, I feel that it's a woman's choice to abort her unborn child, however, how can so many of you be so ready to abort one child and have sex and possibly create another.

*** Just an FYI (this comes from a research paper I was required to do in college on Abortion -- if you get the chance read what actually happens during the procedure you sleep through) multiple abortions leads to several medical conditions including death.

It's probably just safer to know when you're fertile so that you don't have to put yourself in this kind of problem.

Ive been wondering the same thing. I had an abortion on the 30th, as im young and me and my boyfriend decided we couldnt cope with it at the moment and choose this option. Its been stresful to deal with, also been expieriencing some pain. Hes also been away and was away when i went through with the abortion, so its been hard. Hes back on the 10th and has been away for 2 weeks, so when i see him on that date im sure it will probably turn very intimate and im abit worried about whether 10 days is long enough to wait. I would be very grateful if anyone could get back to me as hes back in 5 days. Thankyou! x

It is a different situation with everyone. I am 26 i have two kids from before my husband died and I tried really hard to be on birth control. the clinic kept telling me to wait and when i ended up pregnant neither one of us felt ready to tackle the responsibility another baby brings. for me i don't feel like its a baby until it has a heartbeat and a brain which it doesnt so while it was tough thing to go through and I will do everything to make sure we dont go through this again i am ready to move on. and if some people are bothered by the fat that since i feel just fine i want to have sex than maybe they need to reevaluate the reasons they had an abortion. because i did mine to make sure that my familes quality of life isnt diminishd by another unplanned event (the first being the death of their dad) and i dont feel in the least guilty because i felt horrible knowing that my other kids were going to be losing out because i was to selfish to admit i made3 a stupid mistake.

I don't think it is fair to judge or question people for how they handle an abortion. These are very personal decisions and each person has different backgrounds, and mindsets during the time they are dealing with this. As women we should all support each other for taking responsibility for our pregnancy, whether we have the baby or not, and encourage each other to not be hard on ourselves.

Responding to your FYI, we are all very much aware of the procedure that happens. We are required, by law, to read about it and sign a form. Lastly, everyone does not require the same procedure and you are not sleeping.

P.s. Just because someone aborts a child does not mean they should not be able to have sex forever. I don't know if you knew this but they actually make things like contraceptives and condoms. Also, tons of things lead to death, for instance, Ignorance.

Most women actually don't sleep through their abortions. Every woman in my household including myself have had abortions. We all also had iud birth control inserted during the procedure. I created a baby jn a loving relationship and chose to remove it from my body. That does not make me any less sexual in my life and it in no way effects my desire to have sex.

I know tha was written a while ago but for others reading it::: I had an abortion a couple of days ago and was told to have no sexual contact for 2 weeks then wear a condom for the following 2 weeks. I also had the implant fitted whilst under anaesthetic but make sure your protection for after the 4 weeks is over and done with! the last thing you'll need is another trip to the clinic!

Abortions are safer than pregnancies... just saying