Hello everyone. I have a personal trainer and he wants me to start following Reverse diet. He is already starting to be really annoying and we are only working together for a year. I am thinking about firing him and finding another one. Someone with more patience and less nervousness.

I just finished my diet plan that I have been following for half a year. I am really exhausted and I don’t want any more diets.

I am in a perfect shape right now.

Can somebody tell me what is he talking about, what are the basics of that Reverse diet he is mentioning?

Well if you have just finished a diet plan that was really restrictive, your personal trainer is right. You should start following Reverse diet.

Reverse diet is like a bridge. It connects the restrictive diet you followed before with your usual eating habits. You can’t just skip that bridge because quickly increasing the number of calories can shock your metabolism and this can lead to slower burning calories. That will make you to gain your lost weight back very quickly. And you don’t want that.

In order to avoid it somebody came up with Reverse diet.  Try it, it is not that big a deal and it will help you.

Hello guys

Sam I_am is right, Reverse diet is a connection between some strict diet and normal eating habits. If you just skip this period you will experience yo-yo effect. Even though you are in a perfect shape right now if you just start eating like you ordinary would (without any diet plan) you will lose your perfect shape and find yourself with belly fat.

This diet was originally made for the athletes but it became very popular and non athletes are also using it. This is the most important thing about it:  By making small and calculated increases in calorie intake, you are adapting your metabolism to higher energy intakes and that way you increase your metabolic rate.

Thank you a lot guys. Your posts are really helpful. I thought my personal trainer is totally nuts when he told me to start following the Reverse diet just when I finished a very strict and hard diet plan. Maybe I won’t fire him after all. He is a bit nervous but obviously he wants the best for me. This Reverse diet sounds great. I will follow it until my body gets used to the normal eating habits. I hope my body will react nicely to it. I will tell my trainer he needs to say “Thank you” to you guys.