These boys age would be 11 and 12 years old. The school requires a teacher to be with students at all times to reduce bullying and harassment. This means she will have to supervise the boys in the locker room before class and after returning to the locker room. She will sees them undress and dress, see them in the shower and toilet area. This means she will see them naked. 

Hi sally
I would think that just like it would not be acceptable for a male teacher to supervise 11 and 12 year old girls in a change room it should be the same for boys being supervised by a female staff member is not acceptable.
Some may not mind but the change room can be very intimidating for some kids so being watched and supervised by a female staff member would be very awkward for many of the boys.

It's probably mandatory in the Equal Opportunity world. Female reporters are allowed in professional sports teams locker rooms ---- the judge has spoken in Boston.

Apprentice

Back in my day, the gym teacher was in their office and they hardly went into the locker room.  Why the school doesn't have a same-sex monitor in the room baffles me.

To njoynlife, there's a huge difference between being in a pro athlete's locker room than being in one at a school.