Hi people. Few days ago I’ve been told that I should feed my dog mostly with raw food. I had no idea that that way of feeding can benefit my dog in any way. I actually thought my friend was kidding when he told me that. It just makes no sense since all the bacteria that can be found in meat is probably still there if the food is not cooked or treated in some other way, right? But she assured me that it’s healthy for him, and I know she knows a lot about dogs. So here I am, asking, can you share with me some quick and cheap raw feeding diet plan for a dog?

Hello. That was a good advice. Eating raw food is the best for your dog. It’s the best diet for them because it imitates their natural eating habits that they had back when they lived in the wild. 

Their metabolism and digestive system is adjusted to that type of food and it can absorb the nutrients from raw food easier. 

Feeding your dog raw food is not at all expensive as one may think. You should combine chicken, turkey, pheasant with raw vegetables such as broccoli, spinach and carrots.

You can make pastes from these ingredients by processing them in a blender. 

Hello. I am feeding my dog with raw food – since forever :) I do believe that this is the best way, because honestly I can’t remember when my dog was sick. This way of eating can be a little bit expensive than other way of eating, but it is not that big deal. The cheapest is to start with meat, such as chicken and turkey. You can add some vegetables in it, but very often you should add some eggs in it. It is crucial to feed your dog right, and I do believe that this is the best way. You can combine, for example, chicken with carrots and eggs. It is amazing :)

Hey everyone. It is really good idea to feed your dog with raw food. Personally, I was really skeptical about this, because I was scared of all those bacterial disease, but once I tried this feeding plan, I saw that my dog is satisfied and happy. This is really important for me. I would suggest you to begin with brown rice, oats, and ground meats. You can blend this all and make some good hamburger, for example :) This is really balanced diet program and it is not that hard to make anything. About the money, it is a little bit expensive, but not that much. You can make it :)

Hello  I have a dog for six and a half years now. For the first three years I think, I was feeding my dog with everything and anything. I am not saying this because I am proud, no way, I am not saying this because I want you to judge me, I just want to give you positive experience :) During those three years, he was very week, sick, and I went to see the vet. He told me that I should try raw feeding plan. I was a little bit skeptical about this, but I said – why not? My dog was sick, and it was obvious that I needed to change something. So, I started forcing my dog, but literally to force him with raw food. He was refusing this at the beginning. I remember that I made one mal for him – chicken breast, turkey, eggs, broccoli and carrot. Now, this is his favorite meal. This is my recommendation :)

Switching a dog to a raw food diet is very  easy.

If your dog is healthy then feeding him with raw food is simply a matter of shopping and preparing the ingredients.

Dogs don’t need a lot of carbohydrates or simple sugars (although a small amount can be useful). They can’t digest it.

So when we’re talking about a diet plan, it should include :

1. lean muscle meat and internal organs from chicken, beef, lamb, rabbit and pork

2. raw meaty bones

3.  cheese, cottage cheese, eggs, yoghurt, milk , butter

4. fatty fish, such as herring, salmon and sardines.

Also don’t forget  green leafy vegetables such as spinach, cauliflower, broccoli etc.

That is a pretty good list of foods, but don’t forget about root vegetables. Especially carrots, turnips and parsnips. My dogs love them, every one of them. I buy carrots pretty often, at least once a week.
Good feeding plan should also include fresh and dried fruits (but not grapes), brewer’s yeast, molasses and kelp.
You know what else? Sunflower oil. Maybe a little bit of cod liver, safflower or hemp too.
Try not to focus on one single meat, especially lamb or rabbit. It is not recommended.
And some dogs have issues with potatoes. So try to avoid them.
That’s pretty much it.

Hi. It is nothing so special and it is nothing that hard. Actually, making raw food is pretty simple. OK, for me, maybe, because I do have experience :), but I am sure that it won’t be hard for you as well. I really do pay attention on my dog’s eating plan. I usually prepare raw food for him sometimes that is really cheap. For example, when he wants to snack, I just made him good food from three ingredients – eggs, carrots and broccoli.

It can be good as regular meal and it is pretty healthy. And, quick and cheap as well. 

I initially had the same concerns you had in regards to feeding my dog a raw diet. Because dogs are natural carnivores, the proteins and other nutrients they get from raw meats are very beneficial to them. I feed my dogs raw food, but I don't use the meats that you can buy from the grocery store. I am very skeptical as to where the meat is actually coming from and what kinds of dangerous bacteria they contain. I prefer to buy raw diets from professional brands who sell them. The meats come from known sources and are quality tested. I trust professional raw food brands more so than ones I can just blindly pick up the grocery store. If you don't prefer this particular brand, a small google search can show you other professional brands that sell nutritious and balanced raw food diets. Most of them are very affordable. Regardless, raw foods are the way to go when it comes to keeping your dog healthy! Hope this helps!

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Here is a plan. Organize your days. One day in a week you will want to get some turkey for your dog. The meat won’t be enough, you should mix it with some vegetables depending on what your dog likes to eat.

Mine loves spinach. He often refuses to eat meat or something like that just in order to eat spinach.  

And broccoli too, but spinach is his favorite.

The other day you can start with some chicken and vegetables. Maybe even some cauliflower if your dog doesn’t refuse to eat it. Then the third day you can make a mix of different meats.

I also don’t buy meat in grocery stores but in local butcher shop. I have full confidence in his staff as they prepare me only the fresh meat. I sometimes buy meat one or two days old, but only in rare occasions. I even buy some leftover from time to time. And never had any issues with my dogs caused by raw food.
My wife and I like to prepare homemade food for our dogs and that’s why I don’t use canned food too often. Only when we don’t have enough time, we give them a can or two. In other cases, we mix raw meat and canned food. It’s working for now.