I did some cardio on the eliptical trainer yesterday and it showed 440 calories after just 25 minutes!

I did 2 minutes on level 15 and 7-8 km/h, then 2 minutes on level 17 and 12-13km/h, than 2min l15 7-8 again, than 1 minute on level 18 and 11-12 km/h, than all over again.

I´m 17 years old male and weigh 71kg, is it possible?

That does sound a bit high.

When I walk at 4mph on a treadmill, I think I only burn something like 250-300 calories per hour.

That doesn't sound high at all. Given the levels and rates of speed, that is absolutely possible with an elliptical. You really CAN'T compare the elliptical to a tread mill, as there are different factors and probably different settings. It also really depends on the person.
I know from personal experience, I have burned 250 calories on an elliptical at a level 3 in 15-20 minutes. Anything is possible with cardio machines! If you're still worried, get the machine checked out...Good luck!