Ok look her masturbating can lead to other things ,she might inagage in sex before you know it.You need to teach her that its not good to do it and punish her when she does so that she gets the idea that 'mommy doesnt want me to do this'/if i do this i wont get ___'/this isnt good for me '
It sounds harsh but it could work but make sure you show her love as well.Yes she is young so she doesnt understand so well what she's doing if what i just said doesnt work take her to a child specialist or doctor or whatever

I just want to add that penetration does not always occur with child exploitation. My friend's father would give her Horsey Rides until she orgasmed as a young child. That was of course abuse. Most people are not sensitive and intelligent and reaction to a child could be devastating in many ways, labelling being one of them, taunting and encouragement of what could be wrongly categorized as provocative behavior.

Society has rules to follow regarding what we do in public (picking nose, stimulating sensations, passing gas, and body exploration) should be part of conversation in nonaccusatory conversation when she/he is not caught in the act but rather some other time, when the 2 of you are alone, make eye contact and tell them you want them to understand.

It is my belief children must be taught these things. They do not pick up this information from the osmosis, someone has to tell them the rules of engagement. Society can be cruel to those who do not follow them. Sparing your child humiliation or embarrassment should be the goal.

Your daughter is too young to masturbating. sit down with her or get help for her. its is normal for a 12 year to start masturbation it will come back. you should try to limit the times she gives her self pleasure.

Okay first off, masturbation has absolutely nothing to do with being molested or anything like that. If she was molested then things like masturbation wouldn't be a pleasure to her. It's natural for a kid, at any age, to start doing it. As soon as someone realizes that it feels good then they will keep doing it. Its a natural thing, and it shouldn't be a problem as long as they are doing it behind closed doors. No, it doesn't lead to early sex. A child should not be put down or punished for this, seeing as it's a natural thing. They just need to realize that it is something you do in private, by yourself, behind closed doors, and not something that should happen obsessively. It is NOT child pornography, or child exploitation in any way. So for those of you who think so you should get your facts straight before commenting on other peoples problems, and you should not be trying to give other people advice on anything.

Is it always the dads fault?

hey, when did she mention anything about movies. don't put words in her mouth she did nothing wrong, save the drama for Facebook kid.

I wouldn't worry about it. I recall doing it at a very young age not knowing t all what it was, and my parents trying to tell me not to. (I was probably around 6, actually.) It has not caused any problems for me, I am 18 and have not ever had sex, and it hasn't effected me in any way. It's just a child's curiosity. They accidentally found out it felt good, and if something is enjoyable they will want to keep doing it.I wouldn't worry about it.

Please don't "punish" your child, as has been suggested on here. You cannot know what confusion, shame and embarrassment this could cause over sexual, body and relationship issues in later life. I know this from personal experience.

I started masturbating at a very young age - I don't know how or when or why it started. But by my first year of school I would use my chair in this way, as some kind of comfort. I didn't have any concept of what it meant, I didn't even relate it to being to do with my genitals. All I knew was that I felt better - I got some kind of relief from this practise. I was a very shy child and was nervous of strangers and of the non-home environment, so I found school quite strange and stressful and I suspect now, as an adult looking back, that I was simply over-anxious and at some point pre-school age, had accidentally discovered a way to feel a sensation of relief. It was something I had control over in a world that felt frightening to me as a young child. 

I continued to do this in public at school until I was 11 or 12. At some point I learned from my mother that I wasn't allowed to do it. I remember being told off but I don't remember any explanation. I was still very young at the time and I just remember that it was banned. I was taken to the doctors but was made to sit outside the room whilst he and my mother discussed me. I don't remember being asked why I did it or if I was upset or unhappy in any way. The doctor gave me medicine which I think I only took once or twice. It sat in cupboard and was a 'punishment' - something I was threatened with if I was caught doing it at home. I in no way felt that the doctor or my mother were trying to help me. Needless to say, this just made me more anxious, which made me 'need' the relief of it more. I tried to stop doing it front of my family and hid away and did it in private, feeling like it must be a bad thing and that, inherently, I must be bad for wanting to do it too. 

But no one at school told me off, so I continued to do it there. I don't remember having any notion of other people noticing it - as children we can be so much less self conscious in certain ways, I suppose. Although of course they did, but were too confused or embarrassed to mention it. I was picked on for a couple of years - they never said that was why, but I can imagine I would have been an easy target to gang up on. I was aware that no one else did it. That I was 'special' in that way. But again, I didn't feel like I could control it - I needed the relief and no one at school told me off like they did at home for it. 

Around the age of 10 or 11, a friend told me that a boy in the class said I was "having it off" with the chair. I was absolutely mortified. I had no idea at all that what I was doing had anything to do with sex. That may sound unbelievable these days, but this was back in the late 70s and I grew up in a religious household where sex was never mentioned and it was pre-internet so information was much less easily available. I've never forgotten how terrible and shamed I felt when that friend passed on that comment to me. I saw myself as horribly wrong and completely embarrassed. I couldn't talk to anyone about how I felt. I struggled to stop, but kept having to give in, feeling more and more uptight and isolated. 

At 12 I moved to a different school and I remember making myself the promise that I would never do it in public again - that I would start at the new school where there would be new people, with a clean slate. I managed it. There were a handful of times I had to give in to it, when I was very anxious, but I would take myself off to the toilets. 

I believe this experience has been a major negative factor in my adult sexual life. It left me very ashamed and confused. I hated this aspect of my history and feared anyone finding out about it. 

Today, some decades later, I finally had the courage to start researching it on the internet, to try and find an explanation. I was amazed to find out I wasn't the only one to have experienced this! I wish I'd been brave enough to read up on it years ago. But it was too painful to me. 

I have never in my life had a conversation about this. This is the first time I've communicated about it in any way. I am so glad that parents today are able to speak to each other about it and look for a way to help their child understand and control their own behaviours in an understanding and gentle way. 

I don't know why your child is doing what she is doing, but from the bottom of my heart, I urge you to handle her with sensitivity and without any trace of blame, guilt or shame. I wish you well. 

Hi Heather,
I remember I started 'masturbating' at a very young age (Around 5 years old). I can't remember how it started or when I actually noticed the sensation, but for sure I was never violated in any sort of way. I understand you are worried that your daughter is exposed to this at such a young age. I honestly think you do not need to worry too much about it. You took the right steps in letting her know that she shouldn't be doing it in public; but as she grows older, she will start to understand what is appropriate. It is a type of learning process. For me, I don't think any of my family members realized that I masturbated at a young age. Therefore, I was need even told if it what I was right or wrong. And I grew up fine! I believe, however, the most important thing to do is to educate her about it once she's in her TEENS and letting her know about the consequences/responsibilities. She has to be old enough forst to understand. My mom never fully educated me on sex Ed, but she always emphasized how a woman's virginity is one of the most important thing.

U are stupit it nomal if they want 2 expol
ps sorry about spelling

Hi, im 15 years old i started when i was six it was a honst oops i didnt mean to thing. What happen was i walk in on my couson and she was masturbateing and she said " whan 2 feel something good?" and i said sure. And it flet good. So i keep masturbateing since. (ps sorry about spelling)

U should show her how to do it right, and then talk about when its correct or not

Show her how to do it right and then tell her when its appropriate to do it

I believe that is bad advice. "show her how to do it right" ...she is exploring her body and the various reactions, it's a part of being a human being. There is nothing to be taught; if she/he is never observed investigating their reproductive organs and nerve endings, that is fine to. The point is to keep this child from being humiliated in public from displaying behavior that is unacceptable in society's eyes.

I believe one should give children private time, to read, bath, watch TV. Let them have their secrets. Our ability to create this sensation, and have it created with a person we adore (or not) is as close to miraculous as it gets. And really... It's such a special thing we have in this sorry world we live in, why ruin it for a lifetime for someone under your care just because you have lost touch with your primal side. Children, as Einstein stated, are born geniuses, every one. The impact our environment has on our psyche is profound and immediate.

Anyone for goodness sake, don't show her how to do it....it comes naturally when she/he realizes "when I press here, it feels good."

Or she could grow up and join a nun convect........

Or she could realize that she doesn't need a man for pleasure because she can do it herself. That way she wont be as eager to get in bed with a man ... no one knows