Nikolai, you cannot assume in your narrow minded and twisted little world that the fact the father isn't mentioned indicates a problem. This is a normal and physiological reaction to an external stimulation. A child in this age range does not have the cognitive understanding of self stimulation in a sexual manner but as with most people finds the sensory stimulation either stimulating or comforting.

To make a statement such as the one you made only creates additional anxiety for the parent and serves no purpose in an adult discussion forum.

I would surmise that there are insecurities in your own life of history that would drive you to make such assumptions and for that I am sorry. 

I am a father of 2 amazing young daughters, the youngest of whom humps her car seat and thigh squeezes also, yet we have a stable home life and do not fit your theory in the least.

for your own personal issues I would highly encourage seeking council as it is obviously impacting your rational thought process.

best of luck

I read this because myself have been masturbating since I was around 6. I would lay on the floor, trying to tead a book whilst doing it (book was like the bird is yellow, so pretty Mich before I could read). I'm now 20 and wondering why. I'd do it in school and every chance I had but my mum taught me is was bad and disgusting so now doing it or anything sexual with my partner, I feel dirty and ashamed. I cannot enjoy it because my mother taught me anything sexual is wrong. My mum did nothing about it apart from that,never questioned where I learnt it. I mean, its not normal right? A 6 year old masturbating? I'm pretty sure I wasn't abused as I have a loving dad and my mum wouldn't do that. She was a stay at home wife so no baby sitters or anything and she was protective so not left alone even with uncles. So I'm unsure as yo why. I'm trying to find answers but mostly its molestered but I can't see that. I'm glad you've gone such a good way about it so she's not been taught its wrong as that seriously messes up things later.

Hannah I don't think you were likely abused. I think many girls discover that when they are very young simply because that part is going to get rubbed during normal activity. They notice it feels good and because no one has damaged their thinking yet by making them ashamed of it they enjoy doing it. Then mom finds out and some (I think it may be a lot of) moms make them feel like yours did.
I'm pretty sure my wife's mother did that to her because she has always had this terrible struggle with feeling sex is dirty yet knowing we are supposed to be able to enjoy it. We're in our 70s now and I know that was a popular theme when I was a teen. I guess I escaped the dirty feeling part because I just didn't believe them and as we discussed it before we married I thought she did too but I was deceived. That has been Hell on our sex life for our whole marriage.

I can't understand why parents would do such a thing to their kids. By the time they have kids they certainly know that is wrong especially if they are struggling with that themselves so why pass it on to your children.

my child is 7years old a girl.i found her using a toy between her legs.and everytime she gose to play with her friends they come complaining to me that my child ask them to do it.its been awhile since i notice that she knows about sex,but to be honest i just been shutting at her and sometime heat her like when i found her with the doy or when her friends told me.please i need help on how to approach this what should i say to her..please help

Amanda can you tell me how your situation turned out? My 7yr old daughter is doing the same thing! I had no clue it was happening as she doesn't do it at home or daycare!!! The principal called me in for a meeting to describe her behavior and proceeded to tell me that he has been investigating the situation for 2 WEEKS!!! He informed me that he and the school nurse have been sitting in the classroom monitoring her behavior!!!! He also stated that the ONLY EXPLAINATION is that she had been/is being sexually abused and that he has seen cases like this often. I can't begin to describe my thoughts and feelings after hearing those words. Instead of being helpful, supportive, and resourceful to us the school has been rude and quite threatening (turning me in to HHS) I hired a counselor who assures me there is no reason to be concerned as far as sexual abuse goes and also that no such behavior has been observed during the sessions. I dont know how we can stop this kind of behavior in school... It seems to be the only place this inappropriate behavior occurs!! Please help!!!!

I would try to teach her that what she is doing isn't ok, so she won't do it in her pre-teen and adolescent age. I am almost 13 and I caught my 6 year old sister twerking. Obviously I stopped it, but behaviors like that need to be stopped before things get serious. I would suggest each time you catch her masturbating tell her in a calm, understanding, but firm way that it is not ok, not even in private places. I wouldn't want my 6 year old sister twerking with her friends at an adolescent age. It would keep her safe now, and early on.

WOW this is weird.

I do not agree with your statement, "that she might engage in sex before you know it." I started touching myself when I was 6 and did not have intercourse until I was 22. I just discovered my 6 year old pleasuring herself last night. I will in no way shame her for doing something that is natural and feels good. I will educate her that it's best done in private and to wash her hands.

Why does she need to wash her hands? When I was dating, sometime in the middle of the last century, I was never near a wash basin when I got the opportunity to touch my girl nor she me. In fact I didn't WANT to wash them afterward, that's where I got the smell to remind me of the wonderful date from the night before. That and licking my mustache for a taste sensation.

Are you seriously normal? I'm so offended by your comment, to say based on humping she has been abused? It is narrow minded people like you that make masburbation a dirty word. When a boy plays with themselves at a young age, we call it curuousity, how is this different when it comes to a girl? Is a girl not "allowed" to enjoy what is a normal sensation? 

Dude, a pediatrition 'aint gonna do sh*t. You need a  therapist with this problem. Your daughters got some serious issues. I mean she's frikkin' six! And she started it when she was two! I didn't even know I had a penis when I was two! And that's coming from a guy who had two-year long sex ed classes at school. So I know my sh*t, and that sh*t is messed up! Not to scare you or anything but I think your daughter either matured fast enough to masturbate already (Which is kind of creepy) or has just been molested into thinking molesting herself is good.

Just let her hop on your penis

You didn't learn about your penis until you took two year-long sex ed classes in school? In high school?
Girls are just naturally smarter than boys and they discover some things by themselves. Most guys don't learn about that until someone else tells or shows them.

You shouldn't up and make assumptions about molestation! Its always been something that kids do. Especially girls seeing as how the "mature faster than boys" and its nature instinct for boys and girls to privately dry hump (individually of course not together although that's not abnormal either) when learning about their bodies.

A voice of reason!!