I'm kind of lost, and not sure what I'm asking for here but.. I guess I need help to set my mind at ease.

I had an abortion over 3 weeks ago and it's been really hard to carry on with my life since. At the time, I took several factors into consideration for my choice.. (1) I'm obese, with very severe asthma, and didn't think it was safe for myself or a baby to remain pregnant with such health problems (2) I'm 20 years old, living at home in an unstable family, with parents who have already kicked me out for small issues, so I was afraid that I would be left on the streets again, this time with a child (3) I didn't think I was financially suited for raising a child, and that the life I would be able to provide for one would be unfair...

There were more reasons, but these were the deciding three. When I was pregnant, I was so worried that I couldn't be able to think logically enough, what with hormones raging and all. I decided to collect many opinions from other people, which I later came to regret because I realized that those opinions had nothing to do with what I thought. So I did what I thought was "fair." I was 8 weeks along.

Since the abortion, I've fallen into a pit of depression. I won't go too into detail, but mainly, I feel lost, empty and lonely. I had a medical abortion, so I saw my baby, held them for hours before I could let go and bury them. Saying goodbye tore me into pieces. It's the worst pain I've ever endured, I wouldn't wish this on anyone. The only thing that seems to have given me hope is the thought of once again becoming pregnant, but then those thoughts make me feel guilty. Otherwise, I'm directionless. I feel like I have nowhere to go for support, and boy have I looked. I'm not sure how to get through this..

Has anyone else experienced an abortion that they regret? Or does anyone have any thoughts or advice? My boyfriend doesn't grasp the severity of my heart ache, and I just feel so lost and alone in this...

I understand what you are going through. When I was pregnant my boyfriend begged me to keep the baby and I was listening to my friend and my sister saying I need to get rid of him he will make me pregnancy miserable. When all he did was make sure I ate correctly. He had trouble excepting my past and I felt that he would never get over it and hang it over my head. So I got an abortion my mind was so clouded and foggy. I hate myself for not giving our child life. That was my 3rd abortion with the same guy. Now his family hates me and all I want to do is ask for forgiveness. I want to have a baby so bad. Even though we dont have jobs and are fulltime students I knew we could make it work.